Snap

HEY- This is a continuation of the last oneshot  :) Remember to brush your teeth before you cross the road

Tempestuous - Strong conflicting emotion / very stormy

Nightmare stared out at the lake, clutching his aching shoulder. He felt dazed and afraid- he couldn't understand why he decided to shake it's hand, he knew he shouldn't have.

Yet he did.

He let out a frustrated cry, clutching his skull and shutting his eyes tightly as if hoping it'd make everything go away. Maybe this was all just a bad dream. 

Nightmare stood trembling beside the lake, releasing small, broken sobs and panicked breaths. The bombardment of rain seemed to gradually increase until it felt like a thousand knives prodding at him, trying to tear him open. The wind became more violent, flinging the raindrops and crumpled leaves at the poor guardian. He was cold, afraid and alone. 

No, he's never alone.

He could see it even with his eyes closed. He could picture the thing towering over him with that malicious grin. It haunted him, terrified him. He couldn't escape it no matter how hard he tried- more so now that he stupidly decided to shake it's hand. He was such an idiot!

Nightmare sniffled and stayed silent for a few seconds before crumpling to the ground and releasing a cry more violent than the wind itself. He gripped his skull and clenched his teeth as if he was trying to hold in the screaming sobs, yet all it did was make them more tempestuous. His bones violently shook and rattled and lilac tears cascaded down his cheekbones like waterfalls, mixing in with the onslaught of raindrops and staining his face. 

Everything hurt.

Not physically though.

He grasped the dampened purple material of his jacket over where his soul would be if he had one. He couldn't explain why it hurt so bad, why he could feel his heart breaking into a million pieces despite not having one. It was surreal but god it hurt. 

'Are you done now?' The voice suddenly seethed, startling the guardian. 'Stop crying, you look pathetic.'

Nightmare stared at nothing in particular, ignoring the remark. The voice snarled at the lack of response and suddenly Nightmare could see the thing again, in the corner of his eye. Nightmare's breathing was ragged and uneven. The light in his eyes had completely burned out- there were no purple eyelights. Just blackness. The tears still fell and his body still trembled but the overwhelming sadness he felt was draining away and slowly being replaced with something different.

Rage.

The thing peered down at him with it's arms folded, a look of distaste on it's gooey black face. It was disgusting to look at.

'Get up, already.' It growled, stalking towards the guardian.

Nightmare twitched.

The thing stopped behind the other, looming over him.

'I said get up!' It yelled.

Nightmare stayed eerily still before heaving himself up. He slowly turned around to meet the thing's cyan eye with his own empty eye-sockets. The thing narrowed it's eye before a wild, face-splitting grin erupted on it's face.

'Oh, what's this?' It started, leaning closer. 'You sure look mad.'

Nightmare couldn't make sense of anything anymore. It felt like his whole world had completely drained from colour. Everything was monochrome. Everything except that hideous, monsterous, sickening, vile cyan eye!