Relax

Another screenshot from Gil Gummybear's 'Two Birds On A Wire' video check it out if you haven't-

Thank you LaunchSteinward for this really awesome and cute suggestion! I hope you all enjoy and remember to brush your teeth before you cross the teeth

and thank you all for your Dreamtale Oneshot requests - I will (hopefully) do all of them :)

Dream yawned loudly, stretching his arms and sitting up wearily on his bed. Rays of sunlight bounced off his curtains, making them glow softly in the gentle light. The guardian glanced at his clock, noting the time was seven in the morning. 

'Weird, I didn't wake up at five.' He mused, rubbing his eye-sockets in a sleepy attempt to clear his vision. He released another yawn, swinging his legs off of the side of his bed and heaving himself up.

He hasn't had anymore nightmares which is a relief- not only does he get to sleep peacefully and undisturbed, it makes him feel as if maybe none of the events in the dream will occur. He hopes so, anyway. 

'Of course it won't happen, Nightmare could never do that.' Dream pondered, nodding to himself. He clicked his fingers, spontaneously changing into his usual clothes and grabbed his crown that was sat precariously on the edge of the drawer. 

"Good morning, crown." Dream greeted, placing it on his head with a smile. He glanced at his reflection in the circular mirror, nodding in approval at his appearance before stepping towards the window and drawing the curtains open.

It seemed like a nice day outside; the sky was a pastel blue without a single cloud in sight and the trees waved slightly in the calm breeze. He could see a few butterflies fluttering around a patch of pink and white flowers and despite his window being closed, the faint sound of birds chirping could be heard. The guardian stared through the glass in awe until he decided to turn away and check on his brother.

Dream quietly opened his door and stepped into the small hallway, shutting it behind him with a soft 'click'. His eyes lingered on the painting him and Nightmare had created at the art festival- they'd framed it right in front of his bedroom so he could see his best friends whenever he woke up. He grinned fondly at the memory, averting his gaze away and treading towards his brother's bedroom. Hopefully Nightmare slept well.

But when Dream steps into the other guardian's bedroom and sees him perched on the window sill leaning against the glass, he knows he hasn't- in fact, it looks as if the other hasn't slept at all. He has dark rings underneath his eye-sockets, he's still wearing his usual clothes and his lilac eyes are hazy with exhaustion. He doesn't seem to have noticed Dream entering the room; he was completely zoned out.

"Brother?" Dream called out, approaching the other guardian and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

Nightmare jumped in surprise, releasing a small yelp. He somewhat relaxed when he realised it was just Dream and not the thing he keeps seeing in his sleep.

"Good, uh" He trailed off, having no concept of time anymore. "Good morning?" He asked, eyes widening incredulously as he stared outside. Since when did it become day?

Dream frowned, gently grabbing his brother's hand and helping him down from the sturdy window sill. Nightmare stumbled into the other guardian, feeling dazed.

"It's morning." He mumbled, shocked.

"It is indeed morning."

"Morning."

Dream knew he shouldn't be grinning- his brother was clearly sleep deprived but he couldn't help it.

"Yeah, Night. Morning."