Sleepover

Thank you MeadowMcCauley for this cute fluffy oneshot idea and I hope you all enjoy :3 And thank you MalachiteDragon for your suggestion which I have added into this oneshot :) Remember to brush your teeth before you cross the road

Nightmare sighed softly to himself. He was perched on one of the branches from the Tree of Feelings, watching as the rain fell down somewhat heavily. The droplets were cold and made him shiver, though he didn't mind. He liked the rain. He liked to follow the raindrops that traced down surfaces and listen to it's natural melody as each watery orb pitter pattered onto the leaves. 

"You're going to freeze to death." Error grumbled from beside him, zipping his hoodie up and shoving his trembling hands into his pockets.

Nightmare smiled, remembering he wasn't alone. He turned slightly to glance at the other skeleton and let out a quiet chuckle.

"Really? It looks like you're the one that's going to freeze." He mused.

Error mumbled something incoherent, glaring slightly at the smug-looking guardian. Nightmare gave him a toothy grin, turning back to observe the rain for a few more minutes.

"We can go inside, if you want." He eventually said, shifting his focus back towards Error once more.

Error simply nodded in response, standing up and creating a glitched portal.

"It's not far to walk there." Nightmare snorted, sparing a glance to the visible doorway of his house. 

Error rolled his eyes and folded his arms.

"I am not walking through the rain and getting soaked." He huffed, not waiting for a response and instead stepping through the portal. Nightmare hummed, trailing after the other skeleton with a small smile on his face.

The portal closed behind him once he was through. He glanced around, noting they were in the living room. He didn't have to worry about Dream finding out Error was here since he was out on one of his adventures with Ink and Blueberry. Error scanned the room before approaching the couch and face-planting it. Nightmare let out a breath of laughter, deciding to shuffle through the movies him and Dream had so they could watch something.

"What're you doing?" Error asked, his voice drastically changing tone halfway through the sentence. His face flushed blue in embarrassment and Nightmare burst into a fit of laughter. Error turned onto his side so he was facing the back of the couch, deciding he didn't want to look at Nightmare.

"Looking for a movie." The guardian answered once his laughter had died down. Error stayed quiet, too busy sulking. Nightmare momentarily glanced at the destroyer, grinning before sorting through the movies once again. Just as he was about to pick one, the front door was kicked open, startling the two skeletons. Nightmare jumped, letting out a pathetic squeak and dropping the movie he had selected and Error rolled off the couch so he was upside down, staring at the doorway.

Dream cheerfully entered the house, Ink and Blueberry scurrying after him. All their eyes locked onto the two skeletons.

"Uh, hi?" Error eventually greeted, waving awkwardly. Nightmare recovered from his shock and gave his brother and the other two a sheepish smile.

"Why is Error here?" Dream asked, fear laced in his voice.

Nightmare frowned, picking up the DVD he had dropped.

"He came to visit me so I wouldn't be lonely while you were gone."

Dream faltered, a look of puzzlement crossing his features.