Gemini (f) X Capricorn (m) Loyalty

Gemini POV:

SLAP!

"Get away from me, loser!" shouted the eighteen year old boy at me. I winced and rubbed my cheek that was now red due to a slap to the face.

Sighing, I shake my head and run away. Why did it always end like this?

Capricorn- the sweet charming boy who was once my childhood bestfriend and first crush had changed into a hatred filled, violent adult. He used to be best friends with the nerdy girl- me- but that all changed when Capricorn started gaining popularity.

I honestly makes me quite sad, I only remember the one week where Capricorn didn't show up for school and then all of a sudden seeing my old friend and crush disappear from my life, only to be replaced with an anti-social, yet popular arrogant bully. 

I made my way home to my college dorm room where my roommate, Virgo was inside cooking dinner. 

"Hey Gem- OMG what happened to your face?" exclaimed Virgo, dropping the spatula that she was holding.

"I'm fine. I just 'talked' to Capricorn, that's all." I said quietly. Virgo sighed as she picked the spatula up off the ground.

"I don't know why you still hang around him, Gem. I know you used to be friends with him, I mean I was too but, Gem, he's changed...hanging around him could get you hurt, even more than today." Virgo said concerned while gesturing at Gemini's red cheek.

"I know" I said while taking a seat at the dining table where Virgo had placed the food. "I know that he's changed but I can't leave him alone, I can't stop being nice to him..... I can't stop loving him." I mumble.

Virgo just nodded and sat down across from me. "The loyalty in your love, Gemini is incredible. It must be something to be loved by you....just don't get hurt okay? I don't want my bestie to get hurt." she said.

I nod, "Let's eat."

As we were eating, Virgo's phone went off and she paused eating to answer it.

When she was done, she started eating again. "What was that about?" I asked curiously. "Oh I was going to tell you once we finished eating but I'll tell you now since you asked." Virgo said, "Taurus is hosting a party tomorrow and all of the constellations are invited. So let's go together?" 

"Ok.", I responded. I should probably get out more often, so many people have told me that I need to stop being cooped up in my room or in the library reading.

The next evening, I put on a nice sequined blouse and a pair of jeans and some heels. It was the night of Taurus's party.

Then I got into the car with Virgo and we drove to Taurus's house. When the car approached the street, we were greeted with loud music and flashing lights.

I exited with car and entered the house. When I did the majority of the other party goers glanced at me before returning to their business while a few others greeted me with warm hellos.

I waked to the kitchen area where there were drink cups set out. Hesitantly, I grabbed a cup and sniffed the contents of it.

It stank suspiciously of alcohol. Some one probably spiked it.

Placing the cup in the trash, I walked outside to the house's patio where a figure laid on the stone garden bed.

"Hey Ca-" I started. "Go away, Gemini!" Capricorn snapped. Ignoring him, I sat a foot away on the garden box. 

Capricorn turned to look at me, "Why are you still here? I told you to leave!" he huffed. "I stay because I still care about you as your friend." I whispered.

Capricorn snorted, "My friend? Care? Yeah right. No one gives a care in the world about me. No one love or likes me, not even the monsters that created me." he said.

I was shocked. What the heck was he thinking?!

I was furious, I grabbed his arm, forcing him to look at me surprised. "What the hell are you saying?!" I screamed.

"Capricorn! I care for you! I love you! That's why I have never left you, I care so much about you even though you've changed! I bother you and look out for you because I love you and I don't want you to get hurt." I screamed as I hugged his chest tightly, tears blurring my vision.

Capricorn was frozen. Then I felt two arms hug me back and dampness on my hair.

 "I'm so sorry Gemini. I can't believe that I didn't understand, how didn't I notice that you've been here for me the entire time?! I'm so stupid." Capricorn cried.

"All those times I lashed out at you when you were only looking out for me because you were the only person that cared. I'm so sorry, Gemini." Capricorn whimpered.

I sat silently and stroked his back. "Capricorn, what happened during that one week where you didn't show up for school? And why did you call you parents monsters?" I asked cautiously.

I felt Capricorn stiffen, then he sighed. "During that week, my mother left my father and I. She said that I was a mistake and that she never wanted to see me ever again. The day after, my father started drinking heavily and then he started sleeping around and bringing random women home. He started blaming me for the loss of my 'mom' and then from all of that, I guess that I just felt unloved and I started pushing everyone away." 

I was shocked. "OMG, Capricorn. I'm so sorry I didn't know...but I love you and I care so much about you, I'll never let you go." I whispered in his ear.

Then Capricorn did something I never would have expected, he pecked my cheek! "Thank you Gemini. I've missed what we used to have." he whispered as he hugged me.

After a few minutes, Capricorn looked at me and asked me if I wanted to go home. Since parties weren't my thing, I said yes and he offered to drive me home.

I agreed and pulled out my cell phone to text Virgo that I was leaving with Capricorn.

Lacing my fingers with Capricorn's, the two of us walked out to his car and we headed in the direction of the college dorms.

Before we got to the dorms, Capricorn asked if I wanted to stop by in-and-out to get some ice cream. Of course I said yes and that's what we got.

With my ice cream in hand, I giggled as I took a finger of ice cream and smeared it on Capricorn's cheek. He looked at me with shock. Then he smirked and smeared ice cream on my nose.

"I really miss doing this with you!" he chuckled then Capricorn just stared at me. "What?" I asked confused.

"You have some ice cream on the edge of your mouth. Let me get it." Capricorn said. I let his hand reach for my face and carefully with his thumb, he wiped the corner or my mouth.

Then staring into my eyes, Capricorn whispered to me. 

"I care for you a lot, Gemini." 

And with that, he pulled me into a gentle kiss.

At first I was shocked but then I began to kiss back.

After a minute, I pulled away from Capricorn and kissed his cheek. "Come on, let's get back to the dorms." I say.

Capricorn interlocks his fingers with mine and sighs. "Fine, as you wish babe." he whispered. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" Capricorn said with a smirk, "is it wrong to call my girlfriend 'babe'?"

"Well..." I said looking out at the road, "you never asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Ok then," Capricorn prompted, "Gemini, will you be my wonderful girlfriend?"

"No." you said in a serious tone as the car reaches the dorms.

"Wait WHAT?!?!?!?" asked Capricorn in a startled tone, slamming the brakes. I giggled and then grabbed the hem of his shirt.

"What do you think, Cap?" and with that you kissed him once again.

~***~

Thank you for reading, and this is was a request for CloudReader10! I'm sorry it took so long but I hope you like it! If there is a problem, or you dislike it, please notify me and I'll try to correct it or re-write the chapter!