Chapter 43

Rile Zahir's POV

"Something wrong?" I asked that made the girls look at me.

Okay... I was on my way to the locker room when I saw Annalie surrounded by four bitches on the hallway. Surely, they are bullying her.

I wanna roll my eyes at the thought that this girl never had the guts to speak for herself or fight. I've been following her for days and damn, at least thrice a day she is bullied.

The one with a blond hair seductively smiled at me. "You're Zahir right?" I nodded with her question. "I heard a lot about you being so hot, and they are all right." She went near me and even bite her lips.

I looked away from her and glanced at Annalie who looks so innocent at the corner.

"So what?" I asked the girl in front of me.

She smiled. "Hmm, wanna date?"

Dude, ain't never gonna like wild girls.

"I have a girlfriend." I just said and gently pulled Annalie by her arm somewhere.

Obviously, naiilang at naguguluhan siya but I'm not stopping.

"Saan mo 'ko dadalhin?" Kinakabahan niyang tanong nang matanaw niya ang boys' locker.

I smirked. Ang sarap niyang takutin.

I didn't answer and she's trying to remove her arm from my grip but of course I made it tighter.

"Teka Zahir..."

Agad ko siyang hinarap at tumigil sa paglalakad nang mapansin kong maiiyak na siya. "I'm gonna rape you, salvage you afterwards. Are you a virgin?"

Her face literally went pale and her eyes widened that made the tears fall.

I didn't want to laugh but I couldn't stop it. So I burst out laughing.

"It's not funny." She whispered.

That made me stop and realize that I made her cry even more.

She wiped her tears before turning her back on me. Fuck.

I immediately jogged the distance, gently pulled her hand and hugged her. "Annalie, I won't do something bad to you. We are here because I need to change my uniform." I pulled myself away and smiled at her. "I'm sorry if I scared you that much. But I wanna have some time with you. Just a bit of your time. Please?" I almost begged.

Nagpunas lang uli siya ng luha at tumango ng dahan dahan. "I think I owe you a lot of thank you's."

I smiled and we both went to the boys' locker since there's nobody else.

"Ano pala'ng nangyari sa uniform mo?" She asked.

I smiled even more. She talks a lot too, I guess.

"Let's say, may pinsan akong saksakan ng gago at padala ng demonyo." I faced her after getting a new clean uniform. "He threw a damn dirty paint brush on me."

She didn't say a word. I finished fixing myself and we walk to the cafeteria.

"Bakit mo pala ako sinasamahan? Or kinakausap?"

I frowned at her question. She's very pretty, quiet and innocent. Surely many guys are trying to impress her or maybe get into her pants.

"I bet everyone loves to be with you." I said, staring at her as I walk backwards.

She smiled weakly and shook her head. "You're wrong." She looks away. "Nobody wants to be friends with me. 'Cause they think I'm a weirdo. Many bad mouth me."

I shook my head. "No you're not. You're just lonely. You just don't want to talk to anybody because they won't understand you."

Umayos na 'ko ng paglakad dahil baka madapa ako, mapahiya pa 'ko ng todo.

"How'd you know those?"

I smiled. "Baby we're the same."

I held her arms, pulled her outside the campus and went to a fast-food restaurant nearby instead of the cafeteria.

"Bakit dito?" She asked.

"Ayaw mo din sa mundo 'di ba? I mean, ayaw mo rin sa mga tao. At least here, iilan lang tayo."

I ordered the foods we want, find a seat and stared at her.

"Sanay ako matitigan pero please 'wag ngayon." She told me.

"Sanay? Wow." I said amusingly.

"Not the way you think it is." She chuckled. "Sanay akong matitigan pagkatapos insultuhin."

I frowned. "I wanna know you. I wanna talk to you. I wanna be close to you. Pero lagi mo 'kong iniiwasan. Why?"

She looked back at me. "I thought you only want to make fun out of me too."

"Does it looks like it?" I asked and she answered it with a simple 'no'. "Then?"

"Then I'm talking to you."

"Can we be friends? Or more than?" I smirked.

"I'm not that naïve Zahir. I know guys like you."

I chuckled. "Can you at least let me know something about you?"

"Baliw daw ako. 'Yan ang pinagkakalat ng step-sister ko, kaya 'yan ang tingin ng lahat sa 'kin. The girl who flirted with you awhile back? She's it. For that, they always bully me, make fun of me, and insult me." She said while playing with her cardigan's sleeve.

"So she's your step-sister?"

She nodded. "Mom died when I was 9. My dad married her mom after a year, because she was the invisible woman in our family. In other words, the mistress." She sighed. "But my dad's always out of the country. So I have to deal with my step mom and sister."

I was just staring at her eyes the whole time and I can say that she's very lonely... like me.

"How about your bruises?"

She smiled. "Walang araw na hindi ako sinaktan ng mag-inang 'yon. Bakit daw mas malaki ang allowance ko and all. They don't treat me like a family."

"Why don't you tell that to your father?"

The foods are served so I fix the foods in front of her.

"Dad's so much in love with her. He's already blinded." She stared at my eyes. "Surely, aawayin na naman ako ng kapatid ko dahil sa nangyari. But looking at you, you're worthy to fight for. I just don't show it but you make me so happy. You brings out my confidence. I don't know how, pero sa pangungulit mo sa 'kin these past few days, I'm slowly seeing my worth. Who would have thought that a guy so good looking and popular is trying to know me?"

I heaved a sharp breath and smiled. "I like you... I want to be with you always, I will court you."

"I have so much dramas in life. Are you sure with what you want to happen?"

I held her hands and kissed them. "I have a lot too. And I just found my happiness, I wish her to stay... I will make you stay. Will you let me be your happiness too?"

For the first time around, I saw her sweetest smile as she nods that made me very happy.

- - - - - -