Chapter 66

Xyzzy's POV

"Nasaan na naman si Brile?" I asked them all.

It's dinner time, everyone's here except for him.

"Breii?" I directly asked Breii.

"Mavie said he went somewhere." He answered and looked away.

"Baka naman nakikipag basag ulo na naman 'yon." I coldly said.

"No ate. He's okay now." Zahir answered and started getting some foods.

"Whatever." I mumbles.

And like what they always say, speaking of the demon, he's here.

He removed his hoodie and threw it on the sofa, and soon walked to us like nothing's new nor wrong.

"Where did you go again?" Breii asked.

But before I can even ask him too, I immediately noticed a bruise on his cheek.

I shook my head with that. Really?

"Uhm, kuya Brile, Zahir said you're good now. Bakit may pasa ka?" Raven said.

I looked at Zahir and he smiled. "I lied. He's not okay."

"Nakigulo ka na naman ba?" Breii asked a bit louder than his usual tone.

"No." He simply answered.

I nodded. "You obviously didn't." I sarcastically said.

He looked at me and smiled. "May nanapak lang sa 'kin... and I didn't fight back because I know you wouldn't like it."

"May himala pa palang nangyayari." Rain said while getting his foods too.

"Sige na kumain na kayo." I said.

They are devouring the foods like they haven't eat for a day.  Pero halos hindi naman ako makakain. I'm thinking if I will have to say to them my relationship with Ken especially that he's here.

"Xyzzy," Zaine called so I looked at him. "Are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

I shook my head for that. "No. Nothing. I'm fine." I answered.

"Weh? Parang hindi eh." Raven said like he's mocking.

I sighed. "Wala nga. By the way, birthday na ni Andrei sa next week-"

"Next week? Eh holiday na." Zahir interrupted and laughed. "Don't tell me ate Xyzzy pista ng dead ang birthday niya."

I rolled my eyes with that. Batang 'to talaga. Yeah, next week pista na ng patay and souls. It's already November. December's coming so fast.

"Friday ang birthday niya iho." I said with a smile.

"Eh bakit kung birthday nga niya ate?" Raven asked.

"Uhm, he's inviting us to Batanes. You know, have some fun there. Tayo tayo lang ang pupunta. Andrei doesn't have a lot of friends. And I don't know kung may pupunta rin siyang kamag-anak dahil siya lang naman at ni Ken ang nasa Pilipinas." I said almost glanced at him... almost.

"Hindi pa kami nakakapunta doon. I bet that will be real nice." Rain said. "Right Brile? Lalo na kung walang gulo na magaganap."

"Yeah." He answers. "That'll be pretty nice."

"He said is it okay if you will your girlfriends since Mavie will be there at sasabihin niyo na namang unfair kung si Breii lang ang may ka-date."

"Dapat lang." Rain answered me with his brows wiggling.

"Parang nag-aalala ako para kay Claudia sa ngiti mong 'yan." I said and rolled my eyes.

I am about to say more but then Zaine's phone started ringing.

He answered and forgot that he's in front of foods.

"Sam? Why? Is there a problem?"

We heard his say, and cursed after.

He put the phone down and stared at me. "Sam's outside, she's drunk... and not okay." He almost whispered.

Agad naman akong tumayo at sumilip sa labas. And there's a black sports car outside.

"Let's go check her Zaine." I said to him and we both went to see her.

"What happened?" Zaine asked and opened the car's door.

I can see that she's messed up and... crying?

She immediately stepped out of the car and hugs Zaine tightly while we hear her sobs.

"They wouldn't stop Zaine. Wala naman na 'kong ginagawa sa kanila. But they just appeared on my friend's party and brought the issues about me again." She while she cries hard. "Zaine... sirang sira na 'ko."

Zaine's angry now; his fists say it. He's hugging her so tight and I... I bet Sam is really lucky for having Zaine. And Sam... she's just so vulnerable right now. She's not the Sam I know.

"Sam?" I called and gave her the clothes I got from my closet.

She's on the sofa with Zaine, while the other Mendoza are on the stairs like models and god knows how beautiful they are right now.

"You can use those. Hindi pa nagagamit ang pajama." I smiled.

"Thank you Xyzzy."  She smiled.

"And you can sleep in my room later." I smiled and she smiled back.

She's really pretty.

"Do you want us to do something to those two para tigilan kana nila?" I heard Rain said. "They should know that no one messes with a girl of a Mendoza."

"No. I really appreciate it but... karma will give them the best." She answered. "I saw your boyfriend at the party." She looked at me.

And I had that 'what' look.

"Yeah. I saw him before I could go here. He just gave Shane the gift. I guess." She added.

"Boyfriend mo na?" Zahir asked.

Hindi naman ako umimik at umupo sa tapat nila Zaine at Sam. "How are you now? By the way."

"I feel better. Actually dala na rin ng I don't know. On my way here kasi I received a message from Shane that her dad got killed. Terrible. It happed on their back yard where her dad was resting. And it happened during her birthday."

"Oh my god." That is all I can say.

"Mabuti nalang pala nakaalis kana doon noong nangyari 'yon." Zaine said and caressed her hair.

"I better call Ken later." I said softly.

"Yeah."

We all looked at Brile when he said it aloud.

"You better ask him... if he successfully came home safe." And he went upstairs after.

What is his problem again?