Chapter 55

Zaine Ethan's POV

"Miss," I said and stopped. "Who are you and why are all these happening?" I gently asked.

I was on my way to the grandstand, didn't have the plan to attend class, and this woman appeared from nowhere. She just pulled me by the arm and hugged the fuck out of me.

She faced me and rolled her eyes. "Bakit parang ayaw mo pa sa 'kin? Ang ganda ko."

I looked away and smiled. "You obviously are. But you didn't answer my questions."

"Okay. I'm Sam. Kakabalik ko lang sa university na ayoko naman sanang pasukan because obviously, that girl there was my best friend and the guy was my guy. Just to know na inuto lang pala ng babaeng 'yon na maging jowa ko raw para siraan ako. They did great. Ngayon alam mo na?" She crossed her arms and raised a brow.

Hmm. She's a brat. Or maybe I'm judging her the wrong way.

"Ugh. Fine." She said when she noticed that I didn't understand it that much. "Kilalang kilala kayong Mendoza. So noong dumaan ka at saktong kinakamusta ako ng gaga, hinila nalang kita at sinabing boyfriend kita..." she bites her lip. "And, let's let them think na nabuntis mo 'ko."

Okay. There I turned my back and started walking back to Xyzzy and my clan. This shit isn't happening.

I can hear her laughing and so I faced her again. "You are using and making fun out me."

Okay. I can't deny that she's lovely. Her nose is not even pointy, her cheeks are fluffy, perfect lips... and she's small. Hindi ko nga alam kung paano niya 'ko nahila papunta rito.

"Napaka-inosente huh?" She stopped laughing and walked to me and crawled her hands over my upper body.

Hindi ako nagmumura pero putang ina.

"Are you gay?" She asked with her husky voice while caressing my shoulder. "Not good in bed babe?" She teased.

I locked my eyes on her. "I don't talk too much; I prove a lot."

"Really huh?"

I sighed and hold her arm a bit tight. "I will say 'yes' and you'll be a mother very soon. Yeah?"

And that caught her off guard. She moved away and rolled her eyes again.

"Boyfriend na kita. Okay?"

I shook my head with a smile. "Nice play baby. See you around."

I started walking back to the benches and about to find my clan just when I saw them meters away from us.

Lahat sila nakatingin lang sa 'kin at naghihintay ng sasabihin ko. I smiled at their faces especially at her... she's so beautiful. Of all woman, siya ang nagustuhan ko for I saw mom in her. But I know she's not for me.

"Hi." I greeted.

"What was that Zaine?" My brother asked in irritation.

"Hmm. Nothing. She just needed a help from a stranger." I smiled at her.  "Hello love."

"Really Zaine? Stranger eh nabuntis mo raw." She snapped.

"Nah. She really just used me to get away from the two awhile back." I answered.

"Hmm, I know Sam," Mavie said who appeared from somewhere. "She's Blossom Emerald. Model siya. Don't you remember Xy?" She went beside Breii and leans on him.

"Why the fuck are you here?"

I smiled when Xyzzy said those. She's really something.

"Duh Xyzzy! 15 minutes nang late yung teacher. So malamang wala nang pasok." Sagot ni Mavie at umirap. "Andeng's with Ken, the handsome guy." She said, emphasizing the name 'Ken' to Brile.

Agad namang pasimpleng inilayo ni Breii si Mavie kay Brile; that made me look away.

If I didn't interfere, sugiro masaya sila ni Xyzzy. Maybe?

But no regrets. She's worth the fight.

"Okay... now what about that Blossom?"

Napatingin ako kay Rain nang sabihin niya 'yon, emphasizing the name 'Blossom' too like what Mavie did.

"Hmm, Xyzzy naalala mo yung model na kumalat ang nude photos dahil sa kanyang boyfriend?" She asked Xyzzy.

Breii and Rain's lips shaped 'O' and whistled at me. Bwisit.

"Ah! Yung anak ng senator 'di ba?" Xyzzy exclaimed and Mavie answered it with a nod.

"Eventually, kasalanan talaga ng lalake. She didn't do it intentionally. Ang nalaman ko nilasing ni boy si Sam and took photos of her. That made Sam flew to Netherlands. Hindi ko nga alam na nakabalik na pala siya." Mavie shrugged her shoulders and brought her phone out.

"You said senator ang tatay niya, bakit hindi pinakulong yung lalake?" Rain asked.

"Simply because Sam didn't want to. Hmm, ganun siya kabait noon. Kaso bitch na siya ngayon." She looks at me, "but she's very pretty 'no? Well she just needs a guy to hold her down for life." She looked away and slapped Breii's arm. "Gutom na 'ko! Kain pa tayo!"

And so they left.

"What did that Sam say? By the way." Xyzzy asked.

"She said boyfriend na niya 'ko." I plainly answered.

"Pota. I'm going to my wife." Rain interrupted. "And Brile's coming with me too."

Bago pa may makapagsalita hinila na niya palayo si Brile.

"I'm gonna get some coffee." Aki said too and left.

Xyzzy watches them walk away, while I watch her priceless beauty. I knew I'm smiling at her again.

"Anything?" She asked.

"You look fine love." I smiled even more. "It suits you."

"Ano'ng sinasabi mo?"

"If he makes you happy... I'm happy for you. But I guess it's too late for this. 'Cause it seems that Ken makes you happier." I looked away. "It still hurts... especially to Brile I know. But I hope you make that right decisions. 'Cause I will never be the guy for you. As you have said, hindi nga naman kasi dapat Mendoza." I again smiled on her reaction. "Relax. Nakipag-bati na 'ko kay Brile."

"Thank you Zaine." She says as she moves to hug me.

- - - - - -