❈ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ❈

I looked back down and my heart beat was raising, as I grew more nervous about what my fate was going to be. I was scared of the King, although he was nothing but our protector. Why was I so petrified to meet him, if he was nothing but a good man, who offered us safety and protection? Was my nervousness getting in my head? And even though I knew I did nothing wrong, why did I somehow feel guilty?

We entered the big castle. Guards were everywhere and everything seemed so clean. Soon, we arrived at this huge room that seemed to be a throne room. At the very end of the room I could see a throne and a figure was sitting on it's top. I was so nervous at this point I was certain that I was trembling. We went closer and closer to the throne and now, I could clearly see the man in front of me. Although he wasn't looking at my way, I could see some of his features. He was definitely a beautiful man, I thought to myself.

"Leave me alone with the girl", he said and my eyes widened as the Warriors removed my chains

I rubbed my aching wrists and I looked up to see that the guy in front of me was looking at me. He looked into my eyes and I swear it felt like he could see my soul. I was so mesmerized by this moment. Why was I so consumed in his look? His eyes... I was so off this world, I didn't even notice that he had got up from his throne and he was now a few steps away from me.

" Could you explain to me why you are here?", he suddenly told me and I jumped as I realized how close he was.

" W-what?", I stuttered. Why was I reacting like this? What's wrong with me?

" I said, why are you here?" a small smirk appeared on his lips.

" I-I don't know w-why I'm here

" I-I don't know w-why I'm here... ", I managed to say. He looked at me with a serious look and I saw his smirk getting bigger.

" Aren't you the one that killed that dragon on the battlefield? ",he said to me and I simply nodded.

" Why did you do it? ". I gave him a confused look.

" D-dragons are enemies. I found the chance to kill the creature and I did. " he gave me a devilish look.. Oh shit.. What did I say?...

" Are you sure that's the only reason you did it? " he said. My eyes widened but I began to get sad. My eyes began to get watery when I reminded myself the reason I did what I did. But I couldn't tell him. He was an absolute stranger to me and I didn't even know his name. I wasn't comfortable to tell him about myself. Besides, no one knew this story, besides Namjoon and Andrew.

" There's another reason why I did it."

He tilted his head. " And what's that reason?". I was ready to burst out crying, but I didn't want him to see how weak I was. I gulped my sorrow and I spoke up.

" My king. With all the respect, but I am not very comfortable to tell you this reason. It's kind of personal. And I don't even know you that well to trust you.". Suddenly, he looked away. I was scared. What would his answer be?...

" Well then. You're going to stay here, until you tell me.". My eyes widened as he looked back at me and smirked. He can't force me to stay here! What if I never manage to tell him? Will he keep me in here forever? Ugh what an idiot!!

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of you. You'll eventually open up to me. You'll see" he smiled at me. Damn, that smile... He was really handsome. WHAT? WHAT AM I SAYING?

" What is your name?", he said.

"Um I-I'm Y/N. And you? No one seems to know your name."
He looked at me and the smile from before was gone. Did I say something I shouldn't have?

Things are getting interesting... 😏
Thank you for reading my book and supporting me. I'm happy this book is going well. 💕
~the author

 💕~the author