Needle In The Hay, Or An Expensive Stone?

*Sin's POV*

The girls and I wound up staying the rest of the day, but Chris drove home so that he could clean up the house so the girls wouldn't worry about it.

I stayed so that I could keep an eye on both the girls, and on Zain, though even the doctor insisted he was alright. I'm a Momma Bear, what can I say?

We got a taxi home, since Chris couldn't leave the girls, and we had gone in an ambulance so neither of us had our car. I basically clung to him the whole ride, still scared that he would flatline again, or that maybe I was dreaming.

Zain was pretty happy to be home, but protested when I told him he needed to get some bedrest. Chris and I talked for a bit about Zain, and then going home, which was when he left.

Eventually, the house was done being cleaned, so Chris drove back to retrieve the twins and I. The girls had drained themselves of energy, so they slept the whole ride, while Chris and I just listened to random music.

When we got home, the girls woke up and decided they were hungry. "Well," I said, thinking, "how about I go back out and grab a bunch of takeout?" I suggested, since I was too mentally fried to cook properly.

Chris and the twins thought that sounded like a good plan, so I went back out. When I say I'm getting a bunch of takeout, that means a lot of motherfucking takeout.

I went to Panda Express, getting orange chicken, fried rice, and lo mein. Then, I went to McDonald's and got us all a Big Mac and fries. After that, I went to Pizza Hut and got two large pizzas: one cheese, one pepperoni, and four big bottles of Coca-Cola. Finally, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and got two large orders of wings: one hot-n-spicy, and one honey bbq.

When I finally got home, Chris was excited as a little boy on Christmas morning that had just gotten a new X-Box. He helped me carry everything in, and we set it up in the kitchen so it was easier to grab.

Chris and I loaded up a plate for each daughter, and then loaded up plates for ourselves. My plate was primarily orange chicken and pizza, whereas Chris had equal amounts of everything except the hot-n-spicy wings, which he had a large portion of. Go figure.

We called Electra and Sidra in from their room, and both their jaws dropped at all the food. "I know right?" Chris giggled at them, and I laughed.

We carried our food to the living room, which was where we usully ate dinner, and I went back to the kitchen, pouring us all a glass of soda, then went back and joined my family.

Everything was going really well. We were all relaxing, eating, watching TV. Chris had done a good job cleaning up, so the girls didn't suspect anything. He had even remembered to take the picture down; I would make sure I fixed it though.

I went to take a bite of a chicken wing, and I bit down on something hard, but it didn't feel like a bone. "You okay?" Chris asked, noticing the expression of pain on my face.

I ignored him, reaching into my mouth and pulling out something kind of small and circular. I wiped it clean with a napkin as I swallowed the bite, and my eyes widened as I looked at what it was.

"What the fuck is that?" Chri asked. I was silent a moment before answering, "My dad's wedding ring."

~Author's Note: Aw to hell with two votes and a comment, it's almost done anyways. Idea for this chapter goes to sammibear1408. One chapter left till the end and epilogue!~