✰ daddy.

i came through the front door, hearing a lot of movement in the kitchen an aroma of cooking food in the air

"that you baby?" johnny called out when i closed the door.

"yeah you're home early," i walked into the kitchen and took of my coat before placing it onto one of the island chairs.

"finished some final touches on a song at the studio, so i thought i'd start on dinner." johnny replied while stirring a metallic pot.

"smells good babe, what is chef john making for us?" i asked, carrying delilah onto her chair.

"pasta with bolognese sauce," he sang whilst flashing us both a smile.

i hummed with awe alongside delilah, who banged her chubby, little hands against the wooden kitchen table in joy.

"teese!" she exclaimed.

"yes, babygirl we'll put lots of cheese." johnny glided over to our daughter tickling her, making her pour out with laughter. "just for you."

johnny finished with a kiss on the crown of her curly, dirty blonde head. turning all of his attention back to me.

"how was work baby?" he spoke.

"okay, you?"

"good," he said. "yours was just okay?"

i shrugged and rested against the marveled counter beside him, as he continued to prepare dinner. "yeah, nothing new."

"you invited more people to dede's birthday party?" johnny wondered.

"i'm just about finished, i have to ask a few more moms from her class."

"is jack coming to my birthday?" delilah questioned. making me gulp down the sip of water that i took. i coughed to play it off, and passed a sweet smile johnnys way.

he chuckled, "who's jack?"

"mwommys fwuend," delilah conformed. focusing solely on the new drawing she was doodling.

"mommy's friend?" johnny repeated with furrowed eyebrows. a smirk of oblivion to what our daughter was talking about.

"he dave me a hwug!"

"what's she talking about, y/n?"

i shook my head and moved uncomfortably. "nothing it's just this song we listened to on the car ride home." his smile faded as he noticed my tense body language.

"y/n," he neared closer to me. i couldn't help but peer at him with guilt in my eyes. it's to the point where i can't lie to him anymore.

"he's back, john." i whispered. "jack is out of prison.

jack, as in jack gilinsky. my ex boyfriend, and i'm part of the reason he was in jail. he abused me, belittled me. when my family saw me around with a new bruise that couldn't have been caused else where, they knew what was up.