Chapter Five

After driving for 4 hours, we finally arrived at Gabe's lakehouse. We also went to buy some food and clothes first. Well, technically we stole them. Gabe managed to give us a full discount. The nearest store was about half an hour away, so we took as much as we needed for a few days.

We arrived around 10pm, it was dark outside but I could still see the beauty of this place. The moon was full tonight and it's reflection made the water shine brightly.
There was a small road to the house, no one else used it because it belongs to his private property. That way we didn't really need a boat so that was good.

We got out of the car en started to walk towards the house. Gabe opened the door and we walked inside.
"Alright, I just have to start the generator and then we'll settle. It will take 5 minutes tops, the living room is on your left and the rooms are upstairs. Make yourselves at home." Gabe said and left, leaving Clive and me alone.

"How are you feeling?" Clive asked me as he took a step closer. I just hugged him, that was the first thing I that came up in my mind. He hugged me back and we just stood there for a few seconds. "Not so good, I assume."
"No, I feel better. I needed this. Now I know who to trust." I told him as I backed away a bit.
"Thank you, for everything. This has been the second time you helped me today."
"Stop thanking me, darling. You know how we are, we protect each other no matter what." Clive said, his voice was calm and reassuring.

It was dark, but I could see a faint smile on his face. It made me blush, luckily it was dark enough so he didn't notice. He leaned in closer until there was no space left between us. He lifted my head and didn't move, he was hesitating. I closed my eyes when he kissed my forehead. He was about to wrap his arms around me, but I pushed him away slowly. The lights went on right after that.
"I got it! The lights are on!" Gabe yelled happily. We moved further away from each other, Clive sighed as he backed away.

"Okay, AJ. I'll show you your room." Gabe said as he took the bags. We walked upstairs and I saw four doors. This house is bigger than I expected, I knew he was rich but I didn't know he's that rich.
"So, this is your room, I hope you like it" Gabe said.
"Are you kidding? I love it!" I told him, I really liked it. Besides anything was better than a cell. Gabe and Clive went to their rooms to settle in.
"If you guys want to take a bath, the bathroom is on the right. But it will take a while for the water to turn warm, so we'll have to wait." Gabe said.
"No problem, I'll heat it up." I said as I walked to the bathroom. I haven't showered in years. Literally. In jail I was only allowed to wash myself with a damp washcloth. They said they couldn't take the risk.
"Right, I forgot. Well then, after you. We'll wait for dinner until you're ready."
"No need, you guys can eat without me. I will probably stay in there for a while." I said smiling.
"Okay than, enjoy your bath!" Gabe winked, I hit his arm softly before he left.
I went to the bathroom and let the water flow. It didn't turn warm at all, but it didn't really matter anyway. I put my hand in the water, heated it up and added some soap. I took off my clothes and stepped in the tub. The warm water felt amazing against my skin, it relaxed my muscles. It was like everything around me just dissapeared. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the edge of the tub. I heated the water when it started to cool down and made bubbles, so it felt like I was in a hot tub. I laid like that for ten minutes, just enjoying the moment.
I started to play with the water, turning it in different shapes.