Chapter Nineteen

Everything is blurry. I tried to get up, but I couldn't make a single movement. My body didn't listen to my orders, it was like I had no control left. I was wide awake, but my eyes remained closed because I couldn't open them.

My entire body felt sore, especially my shoulders and neck. I managed to open my eyes slowly and it took me a while to remember what happened. Everything was a blur, the last thing I remember is the talk I had with Charlotte.

I found myself lying on a bed, which was way too soft. I startled when I felt something cold on my wrists. My hands were tied behind my back. The handcuffs were rumbling when I tried to take them off, without any luck.

I rolled off the bed and stood up, I lost my balance and fell on my knees. There was a throbbing pain in my head and I felt dizzy everytime I looked up. I leaned my back against the bed to support myself back on my feet.

I was in a hotel room, a luxurious one. The morning sun lit up the room and it made me question last night. I was gone for quite a long time, since it's almost noon, I guess. How did I get here? What the hell happened?

The pain in my arms increased because of the inability to move them. The cuffs were too tight and it felt like the blood supply to my hands had stopped.

I walked towards a door and tried to open it. It was difficult, since my hands are tied behind my back and the knob was a bit too high for me to reach it like this. I opened the door and walked into the bathroom.

I took a minute to look at myself in the mirror. I looked terrible. My hair was messy and my clothes and skin were covered in dirt.

I need to get these cuffs off, I needed to stretch my arms. I tried to break free but ended up hurting myself instead, I guess I'll have a few bruises around my wrists.

I opened the tap and let the water flow over the cuffs. If I can't break free from it, then I'll break it in half to free myself. I closed the tap and concentrated on the water. Most objects break easily like glass if they're frozen, so why not give it a try?

As the metal froze, my skin froze with it. The cold metal touched my wrists and I lost the feeling in my hands after a few minutes. It began to hurt a lot after that, like someone put my hands in dried ice.

I took a deep breath before I quickly moved my arms to my side in one movement, to break the cuffs in half. Freezing it did the trick, they were still around my wrists but at least they weren't connected anymore.

I got out of the bathroom and walked to the other door, I tried to open it but it was locked.

"Hey! Someone there?" I yelled as I pounded on the door. No response.

I turned around and looked for a way to get out of the room. I want answers and I want them right now. Something happened last night but I don't remember anything.

Something shiny on the nightstand caught my attention. There were two keys, one was bigger than the other. If the small key was the key of the handcuffs, I'm gonna lose my mind. Why didn't I see these before?! I could've just... Ugh, nevermind.

I grabbed the big key and walked to the door. I entered it in the keyhole and turned it to the right until I heard a click. I opened the door and walked in another room, identical to mine. Walker stood next to the window with a drink in his hand, he didn't even bother to turn around.

"I'm glad you're awake, how are you feeling?" Walker asked softly, his back still turned to me.

"Terrible." I said. "What happened?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" Walker asked me as he turned around to face me. And I thought I looked bad, he looked even worse than me. I don't think he closed an eye last night...