Chapter Fifteen

"Walker found us."

Fear rushed through my body when I heard Clive's words. Walker, the man that held us captive and made our lives a living hell, found us after six months.

We were screwed.

"Walker did that?" I asked, referring to the explosion. Fear turned into guilt when I realised people could have died because Walker was looking for us.

"No, no. Some Normals found out about The Forte and they started to attack the place, but without any luck. The building is under some kind of spell or something, someone made it indestructable. Don't worry, no one got hurt." Clive said.

I sighed of relief when he said no one got injured. These people were getting on my nerves, they cause trouble for no reason. They were testing us, trying to get a response so that they could use it against us.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Clive said. I nodded and just as I wanted to take a step forward, I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me backwards.

"Oh I don't think so! We still have a lot to discuss!" Mom yelled. I stood right in between my parents, both of them holding my arm, making sure I wasn't going to leave with Clive.

"Says who?" Clive said in annoyance, his comment made me laugh. He had an 'I don't care' attitude I could never use towards my parents, so it was nice to see them speechless for once.

"Her parents." my dad said through gritted teeth. Clive raised his eyebrows and scoffed causing my parents to become angrier.

"Right... it's an honor to finally meet you. There are a lot of things I wanted to say to you, these past few years. You two are the most irresponsible and selfish people I have ever met, and that says a lot because I met a lot of people" Clive smiled annoyingly, emphasising 'a lot'. "I wish both of you eight years of misery and bad luck, so you could finally understand how your daughter must have felt. Now excuse us, we have somewhere else to be."

Clive stepped forward and smiled as he offered me his hand, he gave me something my parents never did. He gave me a choice and let me choose.

I grabbed his hand without hesitation and walked towards him. I turned around and saw my parents looking at me with despise while Liam was smiling proudly.

I smiled and looked around to search a way out through the running people, so we could finally leave. I've been with my parents for almost twenty minutes and they're already driving me crazy.

My smile instantly faded when I saw Walker casually walking in my direction with a smirk plastered on his face.

"One. Twelve. Good to see you again." Walker said.

Suddenly, all my fear turned into anger. He always used to call us by our numbers, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know our real names.

Clive stepped forward and placed his hands around Walker's neck. His bodyguards raised their guns and aimed for Clive's head, but Walker raised his hand. The guards lowered their guns after Walker's order.

"Let go, Anderson. I just want to talk." Walker said softly, he was struggling to breath but that didn't stop Clive, his grip even tightened.

I don't know why, but I took a step forward and freed Walker from Clive's firm grip. Clive looked at me with a confused expression, he must have thought I'm crazy because I helped Walker. And to be honest, I wasn't blaming him.

"Thank you, Miss Jones. I came here to talk to you, in private." Walker cleared his throat before he turned to the left to face my parents and Liam.