Chapter Eight

Abigail just stood in front of the door, not moving at all.

"Abigail...", I wanted to ask her what happened but when she heard her name she looked up and stared at us, she looked frightened.
She took a step forward and collapsed in Clive's arms.

"Shit.. Abigail, wake up!" Clive yelled as he lightly patted her cheeks, trying to get a response.

"S-she lost a lot of blood, get her inside" I told him, he carried her inside and laid her down on the couch.

I walked outside to see if someone else was here, but she came alone. I closed the door and ran to the kitchen, grabbed some water and made my way to the living room to take a look at Abigail.

"Woah, is that Abigail?! I almost didn't recognize her!" Gabe said as he helped Clive.

He was right though. Abigail always took care of herself, her image meant a lot to her. She never looked unattended or dirty, even back in prison. Seeing her like this, all bloody and covered in mud, made me think something terrible happened must have happened.

I walked towards Abigail and took a look at her injuries, she had cuts and bruises all over her body. The cuts have healed a bit but they were still deep, no wonder she lost a lot of blood.

I saw Clive standing with his arms crossed, he didn't show any emotions and so was Gabe. None of us freaked out, I don't know if it's because of the shock but none of us seemed to be bothered. Actually we were, but we just didn't show it to each other.

Abigail had a deep cut on her side, it didn't heal so much and there was still a lot of blood around the wound. I began to heal her, trying to make all the injuries disappear.

"What happened? Was there another strike?" Gabe asked.

"No clue. I'm gonna take a look, stay here with Alissa" Clive said.

He was about to leave but Gabe wanted to come too, 'The more, the merrier' he said.

"Just go, I'll stay here with her" I finally said, "You guys go, I'll handle this. She can sleep in my room until she feels better. I'll sleep on the couch".

"You'll sleep in my room, not on the couch. Are you sure you want to stay alone with her? You don't need back-up?" Clive asked me, he didn't want to leave me alone.

Not because of Abigail but because of the danger.

"I'm sure. I'll lock the door after you leave, no one will come inside. Just give me a call when you come back, and only then I will open the door. Don't worry about me, go help the others." I said calmly, they just nodded and ran out.

I stood up and locked the door, I looked outside and saw the car leaving.

I have been healing her for thirty minutes but Abigail still didn't wake up. Her wounds were all healed, but she was still unconscious.

My hands and clothes were all bloody but hers were worse. I ran upstairs to wash my hands and grabbed some clothes from my wardrobe.

"These should fit her" I said as I took a look at the top and a pair of sweatpants.
This wasn't her style at all but it's not the time to be picky about an outfit.

I walked back downstairs and saw her slowly opening her eyes, she held her hand on her head and tried to sit up. She looked confused when she saw me, I smiled to her and she awkwardly smiled back, I took a seat next to her.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked her, trying to break the awkward silence between us.

"Shitty" she said while looking away, even though she nearly died, she still had an attitude.