Chapter Eleven

I stormed through the hospital doors and ran as fast as I could to the reception. The receptionist tilted her head once she saw me leaning on the counter.

"How may I help you?" the young woman asked in an irritated way, she was a few years younger than me, 24 perhaps. According to her nametag, her name was Ruby. She rolled her eyes as she looked at me.

"I'm looking for Gabriel Miller" I quickly said, I didn't pay attention to her attitude and I couldn't care less at the moment.

"And what is your relationship with this patient" she said monotonously while looking at her screen.

"I'm his cousin, a nurse answered his phone and said that they took him in" I lied, it's easier when you say you're a family member, that way they won't cause any trouble.

Ruby leaned to her right to take a look behind me, she was looking at Clive and checking him out.
"And who's he? The brother?" she smirked.

"His best friend. We'd like to know his room now, please" Clive said as he also leaned on the counter, causing Ruby to lean back in her chair.

"Third floor, room 314. Just follow the yellow markings on the wall" she said as she wrote the number on a piece of paper.

I grasped the paper out of her hand and ran towards the elevator with Clive behind me. Just our luck, the door just closed. Unbelievable.

"Let's use the stairs, I can't wait for the elevator to come back down" Clive said as he grabbed my hand and led me through the hall. We both ran upstairs until we reached the third floor and started to search for Gabe's room.

308. 310. 312.
314. Here it is.

I knocked on the door before I opened it and went inside, he was sleeping. I walked closer to him and noticed his condition, someone beat him up.

His whole body was covered in bruises, cuts and dried blood. He looked like Abigail when she came to us for help, but Gabe's injuries were worse.

After taking a closer look, I saw a mark in his neck, 'M.'. I gasped when I realised who did this to him, who else could it be.

Clive grabbed my arm and took me behind him, he examined Gabe's injuries and sighed. He knew Max was behind this as well.

Gabe slowly opened his eyes and looked at us, he didn't say anything at all, he just stared.

"Hey

"Hey... how are you feeling?" I asked softly as I walked closer to him. He just kept staring at the wall, avoiding any eye contact.

"I'll live" he said, he sounded exhausted, probably because of the drugs they gave him.

"We can leave if you want to be alone, we can come another day. We just wanted to see if you were okay" Clive said.

"No, stay. Sorry guys, I'm just... not feeling well" Gabe said as he tried to sit up but he couldn't, so Clive helped him up.