Chapter Nine

A couple of weeks have passed since I heard Max was on the run, and a lot of things have changed since then. All of us became somewhat paranoid and attentive. We barely went to the city, we just stayed inside and isolated ourselves from the outside world.

I trained more than before, everyday for three hours. I did combat training with Clive and Gabe, the three of us just fought each other at the same time. It was harder, but this is how it's gonna be in real life as well. I also practiced my waterbending everyday for an hour, trying to master new tricks and moves.

Abigail still lived with us, we never really asked her to stay, she just didn't leave. She just looked for a place to crash, and she seemed to like Gabe's place.

Probably because Clive's here. She's been following him like a puppy and it didn't only annoy him, but me as well.

I was tired of hiding, I wanted to go out again but Clive forbade all of us to go to the city. Well, specifically me.

I understand his decision, I really do, but I can't stay locked up forever. I argued multiple times with him about it but it was useless, every day I ended up watching stupid reality series while they went to the city.

Clive, Gabe and Abigail often went to town to go shopping, or stealing. I just stayed home, waiting for them to come back while I was bored to death.

Clive grabbed his jacket and the car keys, he turned around to face me and said: "We'll be back in an hour, and don't...."

"...Don't go outside. I know how the story goes, don't worry" I said in an annoyed way, I rolled my eyes before I looked away.

Clive put on his jacket and sighed, he ran his hand through his brown hair as he walked towards me.

"I know it sucks. But the only place you can be safe is here. I promise you, as soon as I get Max, we can go wherever we want" he said with a soft smile as he pulled me closer to him.

"I'm sorry but I can't wait until then. We have been out of jail for over two months, we finally had our freedom back. Now I'm locked up, again. I don't want to be a prisoner anymore" I said as I backed away.

I know I may sound like an ungrateful brat, but it's nothing personal against them. I know he just looked out for me and wanted to protect me, but I don't want this. I want to make my own choices and fight my own battles, but I can't do that if I'm 'locked up'.

Clive just sighed. He didn't want to argue anymore, he was sick of it anyway and so was I. I saw him clenching his jaw slightly but he didn't say anything.

"I had an idea.. to trace Max. I could ask Liam for..." I said, Clive looked up when he heard Liam's name and cut me off immediately.

"Absolutely not." he said angrily, his hands turned into fists and he took a big step closer. "Don't even think about it".

The look on his face made my heart beat like crazy, he looked furious. I just nodded and he left without saying anything. Once he left, I felt like I could breath again.

I heard the car leaving, I was all alone now. I grabbed my phone and tried to find Liam on social media. Luckily, we were still friends on Facebook. I opened his profile and went through his wall to see if anything he posted something interesting.

After scrolling for a while, I found out that he bought himself a house and moved out. He uploaded a photo of him in front of his house and I immediately recognised it.

He once told me he was going to live in a nice neighborhood, not too far from our house. He used to drive me to that place to show me his 'future house'. I never really thought he was serious about buying it though.