23:

"Treat me like a joke and I'll leave you like it's funny." ~ unknown

••••

Alexandria:

I drove down to his house and stared in the driveway I didn't see his car, but maybe his dad was working on it or something. I walked up and knocked on the door, I heard his mom yell from the other side.

She opened the door and Max stood by her side sitting and staring at me, that was weird he usually was excited to see me. His mom smiled at me, "hey sweetie what are you doing here?"

"Do you know where Flynn is."

She smiled rubbing Max's head, "did you try his work?"

I shook my head, "no but I will thank you."

She nodded and I noticed her glancing down at my neck. I could tell she wanted to ask but instead she didn't and for that I was thankful.

I walked back to my car quickly and got in driving down to the music store he worked at. I saw his truck and got out walking inside, the little bell dinging as I did so. He was working the register, he looked up his face was plain void of emotions.

He walked away and yelled to some guy with really long hair, "Larry, get the register for me please."

Larry walked up and smiled pushing his long hair out of his face, "hey what can I help you with today?"

I chewed at my bottom lip, "I want to speak with the manager if that's okay."

Larry turned to Flynn, "hey she wants to speak with you."

Flynn glanced over his shoulder at me for a split second before spitting out, "Tell her I'm busy."

Larry narrowed his eyes at me, "Uhmm he said he's busy..."

I crossed my arms looking down, "no he's not I see him right there."

Larry looked at me and then turned to Flynn, "dude she can see you."

Flynn scoffed, "fine then tell her to fuck off how about that?"

He walked away towards the back of the store and I followed after him, "Flynn please let me explain myself just let me do that please."

He kept walking and I grabbed his shoulder turning him around and he looked at me with a raging storm in his eyes, "don't fucking touch me."

"I'm sorry okay just at least let me tell you what happened if your going to be mad wouldn't it be easier if you knew everything first?"

He shook his head, "I want nothing to do with you princess."

"Flynn if you didn't want anything to do with me, you wouldn't still call me princess... all I'm asking is that you let me explain myself to you."

He looked down then sighed, "follow me outback."

I sighed letting out a breath of relief, We walked out and through storage until we went outside he held the door open for me and we stood outside. He reached in his back pocket pulling out a cigarette before lighting it.

He inhaled it before blowing all the smoke out in my face sending me into a coughing fit. He looked at me a bored emotion playing on his face, "look if your going to explain, explain."

I looked down at my hands and then spoke out, "this all happened back after the ketchup incident where you embarrassed me extremely bad, and after that I was really pissed at you like really really pissed at you, so I had Amber pick the lock on your locker and I broke in and I stole your book. I looked at the things you loved and all the things you hated, I- I wanted to make you fall in love with me and then I wanted to break your heart badly. I wanted you to hurt."