16 | hardhome

16 | HARDHOME

When Jon and Reyanna arrived to a small village north of the Wall, Hardhome, they were greeted with hundreds of pale wildlings staring back at them

When Jon and Reyanna arrived to a small village north of the Wall, Hardhome, they were greeted with hundreds of pale wildlings staring back at them. "You trust me, Jon Snow?" Tormund muttered to Jon.

"Does that make me a fool?" Jon asked.

"We're fools together now." Tormund spoke, then led Jon up to the wildling leaders. Reyanna followed closely behind.

"Lord of Bones. Been a long time." Tormund greeted the lord.

"Last time I saw you, the little crow was your prisoner. The other way around now. What happened?" Lord of Bones inquired.

"War." Tormund answered.

"War? You call that a war? The greatest army the North has ever seen cut to pieces by some southern king." The Lord scoffed.

"We should gather the elders, find somewhere quiet to talk." Tormund suggested.

"You don't give the orders here." The Lord growled.

"I'm not giving an order." Tormund clarified.

"Why aren't you in chains?" The Lord peered down at Tormund's wrists.

"He's not my prisoner." Jon spoke up.

"No? What is he?" Lord of Bones barked at Jon. Jon tried to search his mind for the proper term but only ended up stumbling over his words and looking like a fool.

"A friend." Reyanna stepped up, piquing the Lord's attention. He recognized her and noted that she was one of them before. Yet, now, she wore the clothes of a crow.

"Ah. The traitor. What? You plan on ruling the wildlings?" The Lord hissed.

"If that's what it takes for them to survive, yes." Reyanna spat back in his face, looking straight up at him.

The Lord turned to Tormund. "Fucking idiot. You have a weak spot for the traitor. You fight for her? For the crows?"

"And you have a weak spot for the bones you use to cover your horrific face. Bones can't hide your age, m'lord. Tormund doesn't fight for the crows. I don't fight for the crows. We fight for our survival. All of our survival." Reyanna dragged the wretched man. He was one of many leader of the wildlings. He was just another bystander that could get in the way of the masses from surviving by allowing them to move south.

"We're not here to fight. We're here to talk." Jon spoke up.

"Is that's right?" The Lord asked Reyanna to assure. Reyanna nodded.

The Lord of Bones was about to reach out and grab Rey by the throat when Tormund pushed her out of the way and began to beat the aging Lord. Tormund didn't stop slamming his fist down on his head until he heard the spirits of blood coming from his brain. When he was done, he stood up and looked to the others. "Gather the elders and let's talk." He growled out to the crowd.