33 | it's time

33 | IT'S TIME

A day turned into a week and Reyanna managed to keep Jon from blabbering to Sofina about his heritage just yet

A day turned into a week and Reyanna managed to keep Jon from blabbering to Sofina about his heritage just yet. She didn't want conflict to erupt between her sister and husband, let alone right before battle with the Night King.

Jaime Lannister had roamed into town and Sansa put him up for trial the moment she had the chance. He confessed that Cersei had no attention to sending her support north. He exposed her plans to destroy the survivors remaining in the North. Reyanna didn't know the man and had little interest in seeing about what was to be done with him, so she stayed in her quarters. Though that was part of the reason she didn't attend, the main reason was because it was beginning to grow harder and harder to hide her stomach. Her bump was greatly visible and she had to pile on many layers of furs to hide the sight. She knew that if anyone say her pregnant, they'd likely see her as weak. She feared someone would take it upon themselves to attack her and kill off her child, especially now that a few knew that Jon was the true heir to the Iron Throne.

After the trial with Ser Jaime, Reyanna began to grow stir crazy in her quarters. She felt like she needed to breathe the fresh northern air at least once that day, plus, making an appearance before the war would likely ease the weariness of the commoners. But, once she walked outside of the Winterfell castle, she caught site of hundreds of men practicing their sword fighting and she felt compelled to go watch.

Watching soon turned to coaching which soon turned to Reyanna picking up a sword for herself. She took on Lady Brienne's protégée, Podrick Payne. He was quite lean enough and well trained to keep up with Reyanna. She held her heavy sword in one hand and held her other arm behind her back. She pointed and slashed the sword strategically, impressing Podrick.

"Your Grace, aren't you tired yet?" Podrick chuckled, trying to throw her off of her game.

"Absolutely not. We have a war to prepare for." She grinned at the man.

Podrick flanked her and ran behind her. She spun on her heel, keeping her eye on him, and as she spun, her coat fell off of her shoulder— exposing her belly. Podrick instantly stopped charging at her with his sword. "Your Grace." He looked down at her stomach.

Reyanna paused and took a moment to realize what she had done. "Oh no." She whispered to Podrick with her face flushed.

"The Queen is pregnant!" One commoner shouted and began clapping. People all around began hollering and cheering. Reyanna didn't know what to do except plaster on a fake smile so that people couldn't see the fear in her eyes.

She waved for a few seconds before Podrick grabbed her coat and threw it over her shoulders again. He led her away back to her chambers, leaving her alone to regret her mistakes.

Not even minutes later, Jon hurried into their quarters. "I can't believe you were out there training!" Jon reprimanded her.

Reyanna looked down at the ground, like a scolded child. "This just means we have to be ten times more careful, Rey." He was extremely stressed about everything and Reyanna seemed to only be piling on more things for him to worry about.