1 (August 7th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

It must have been half past 5 a.m. or something. It was still fairly dark outside.

I had lost my inner sense of time though as I'd woken up just about half an hour ago. Not voluntarily, of course.
It was just incredibly uncomfortable in that damn van seat.

The boys were still asleep; Freddie pressed his cheek against the van window, drooling a little while sleeping. Roger had cuddled up against Freddies shoulder in his sleep, snoring silently and John was curled up, using two seats and covering his face with his hands like a cat.

I smiled at the scene. Would have been worth a photo, for sure. However, my camera was buckled up in my suitcase which was in the trunk.

We were still being driven towards our destination which would be an outback farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere. No civilization whatsoever, we were told.

I had no problem with that as I preferred a calm environment to work in but as I could imagine, Fred and Rog would go insane without partying for longer than two weeks.

I smirked at that thought as I was scribbling in my notepad trying to write something roughly readable.
My handwriting was not the neatest by any means and the bumpy road and the feeble light were not a positive influence at all.

Approximately half an hour later the van stopped.
I could hear the driver's door fling open and him stepping outside. Paul, that was. Paul Prenter, our manager.
Seemed like we've arrived at our destination.
As I was sitting next to Roger, he was my first victim to wake up.

I looked at the blonde. He was still fast asleep. He looked so pretty. Prettier than most girls I have to admit.
I lifted my arm and shook his shoulder gently.
Roger tried to get rid of my hand by moving his shoulder up and down defenselessly while moaning and frowning.
His reaction however just encouraged my shaking until he eventually opened his eyes and rubbed the sleepiness off of them.

"We're here" I explained calmly and Roger sat up straight, punching Freddie's arm to wake him up as well.
Not a very nice gesture which Freddie agreed on. He slapped Roger weakly and looked around, frowning as the light was dazzling his sight.

John had woken up as well by now. He stretched his arms which was quite difficult in the small van.
He then opened the slide door of the vehicle and jumped outside.

I could feel the cold entering the van. I shivered a little, then stepped outside as well.