7 (August 12th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

The recording studio was built of a big barn, which was great as the sound could really build up.

We were recording Bohemian Rhapsody that day and Freddie really did exploid Roger's incredibly high falsetto.

"One more time, darling! This time, try it even higher."

I could see how Roger was slowly losing his patience.
"I can't do it much higher! Especially not if I have to do it two-fucking-thousand times, Fred!" he stated through the microphone in his headphones.

Freddie licked over his lips like he always did, thinking about something, then he looked at Roger. "Two more times, darling, then we can take a coffee break... Or rather a tequila break."
The tequila break seemed to work for Roger and once again the recording started and an even higher pitched "GALILEOOO!" escaped his voice chords.

"Perfect!" Freddie's eyes enlightened. He seemed happy with the result.
Roger really did sound like a girl on this recording which was quite impressive.
His voice was beautiful in general. I liked the raspy quality to it as he was singing. It was such a contrast to the way he talked as he always sounded so cute and innocent...
His falsetto though. No-one could beat that.
As our lead singer from our former band Smile quit, I suggested that Roger could sing as his voice was so great but he didn't want to.
He'd rather concentrate on his drums, he said which I could understand. Luckily, we found Freddie as our new lead singer and Deaky as our bass player as an addition to our band.

Freddie and Roger went on to have their well deserved tequila break as Paul joined them.
Roger hated that guy and his gaze darkened real quick as he saw the manager walk towards them.

Paul seemed to get closer to Freddie every day and to be honest I had to agree with Roger. Something was up with that guy. He was... weird.