35 (November 14th, 1975)

ROGER'S POV

The Liverpool Empire Theatre - it was full of people already cheering and screaming as we were still backstage getting ready.
As always right before a concert, I could feel the excitement within my body - my stomach was jumping around just like me as I was warming up a little.
And of course I couldn't miss out on my shot right before the show - A shot of Whiskey to start off right.

We walked out onto the stage - lights everywhere and the crowd was screaming and shouting at us, I heard girls cheering for me and the atmosphere was electric.
I sat down behind my drumset and hit the sticks on some drums to check if everything was okay - or rather just to make the people even more excited than they already were.

Silence filled the Theatre and I started out with a heart beat like pulse on the bass drum.
Then, the spotlights fell onto Brian.
He was looking down at his guitar, a dark shadow covering his entire face.
Then, the sound of his guitar filled the whole building.
He looked gorgeous and I couldn't stop staring at him throughout the whole introduction.
I nearly messed up the beat because of how cool looking Brian was with his dark curls and the Red Special - his self built guitar - in his hands.
My heart beat increased because of Brian and because of the drumming.
I could feel the tension and people holding their breaths.

A perfect way to start off with Bohemian Rhapsody which was the song everyone had come for.
People applauded as soon as they heard the song come up.
Then, Freddie started singing and everyone went wild.

The concert was a full success and it was great seeing all those people - Queen fans - cheering just for us and our music.
That was exactly the reason that kept me going throughout all these concerts, even though my hands were suffering quite a bit.
I didn't have the chance to practice a lot as our landlord wasn't that keen on rock music. So, my hands had become soft during the past few weeks and started bleeding about halfway through the gig.

Blood drops and sweat splattered across the drumset as I was smashing the beats for our songs passionately - like always.
I would need bandages again after this but that was just part of being a drummer in a Rock N' Roll band I guess.

BRIAN'S POV

Throughout the whole concert, I was looking forward to In The Lap of the Gods (which would be our last song before the encore) because of Roger.
I loved Roger's voice and his falsetto in that song - and as expected he sang it perfectly - whilst drumming.
Something which I couldn't ever do. He was holding up the beat perfectly whilst singing those high notes.

I remembered dragging down his talent back then at the Rockfield farm in an argument and I felt bad because I knew how talented he was and that I couldn't ever do the same even if I wanted to.

--

I remember Roger's hands looking horrible after the show and Deaky rushing towards one of the stage workers to get some bandages.
Roger was playing it down the whole time but his hands were a pure flesh wound and were bleeding all over the place. Even his drums were covered in blood splatters.
It always happened at the beginning of our tours but this time it was pretty bad.

A paramedic bandaged Rog's hands.
I was worried as we had the same gig coming up just tomorrow!
I went over to Roger and laid a hand onto his shoulder caringly.
"You alright?" I asked, looking at him with a worried face.
He shrugged and nodded.
"I guess.." He squinted at me. "I guess the angry squirrel went too wild.. Even wilder than the badger"
He winked and laughed, then he grabbed a plastic cup filled with beer as good as he could and took a sip.

John, who was standing next to me seemed to be confused by our conversation which made me smirk a little.

ROGER'S POV

Like always we went partying after the concert to celebrate our success. Some may say we were an over the top band - and yes. We certainly were.

My hands hurt like hell and I was a bit worried about the gig tomorrow. It wouldn't be as great as the one today, for sure, because I wouldn't be able to give 100% anymore.

Also, we would sleep in the uncomfortable tourbus tonight as it was cheaper and there was enough space. We wouldn't sleep for long anyways as the night was just about to become as wild as the show itself.