25 (August 27th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

"Okay, Brian. Tell me! Tell me right now about what happened that night!"
His eyes sparkled at me sharply as I could feel tension filling the room.

I got nervous and shivered.
I don't know if it was because of the sudden breeze dashing through the window or because of the memories of that guy touching Roger the way he did... It was probably the second one.
I really didn't want to tell him about that night because I knew how it would affect him and probably his self esteem, especially because it already affected me that much.
But it seemed like I fucked up and now I had to explain everything to him.

"Well..." I mumbled, staring at the ground, then back into his eyes.
Then I slowly started to tell him the whole story.
The more details I told him the more he seemed to remember - or looked more and more internally destroyed, rather.

I felt sorry for him but at least I could tell him about the happy ending - that I brought him home and nothing serious had happened.

In the meantime, Roger was sitting on my bed, staring at the ground blankly.
"And... then you fell asleep..." I ended the narration quietly and smiled at him slightly.
"Don't worry... I'm the only one who knows about all of this" I reassured and took a seat next to him, gently laying my hand on his shoulder.
He nodded slightly and I could see the slight blush on his cheeks.

"How embarrassing.." He mumbled, then he looked up at me.
"Fucking idiot, that means I wasn't drunk. They mixed some shit into my drink!" His eyes narrowed and he exhaled sharply.
I shrugged and then nodded. "Probably.."

"How can you call it a drinking problem then?! I wasn't drunk, obviously, dumbhead!" He hissed at me instead of thanking me.

How nice he was. A true gentleman of manners.
You're welcome, Roger.
I rolled my eyes.

"You weren't drunk yet but you would have been drunk twenty minutes later, probably, if that guy wouldn't have-"
"How do you know that?" He interrupted me. "You don't know me! Why do you always act like you know me?!"

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows and choked out a few laughs, totally outraged.
"I think I prevented something not so nice there and now you just pour down that bullshit on me?" I crossed my arms and an indignant smirk formed on my lips. "Be thankful, brat!"
His behaviour was unbelievable.

Roger exhaled deeply and didn't even say anything about me calling him a brat. He seemed to understand, that he was the one who betrayed his partner just because he couldn't control his alcohol consumption.
And that I was the one who saved him from a very stupid situation.

"Thanks, Bri..." I heard him mumble.
That was the only thing I wanted to hear. I knew that he was embarrassed by the whole situation, so I decided not to pick up on it any longer.
I smiled and nodded.
"I'd always do it again" I replied.

--

The following days consisted of recording and writing and recording - we worked really hard on that album because we knew that it would be a sheer masterpiece.
We were all totally intrigued by Freddie's song Bohemian Rhapsody and we knew that it would either be an immense hit or a complete flop - there was no inbetween this time.

Roger and I spent much time together and after one or two weeks we just casually started to sleep in my bed instead of our separate rooms.
Freddie and Deaky still didn't know. Well, at least we hadn't told them yet.
We kept it a secret and Roger always sneaked into my room quite late when everyone else was asleep already.
His room was right next to mine, so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Freddie really seemed to be suspicious and he always dropped trick questions to get us to admit our relationship.
But we didn't.
Not yet.
By now, Roger wasn't so keen on telling them either anymore.
It was probably my fault but I just didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

What would they think of me?
Oh, and all those silly questions they would ask.
Embarrassing questions I didn't want to answer.
I wasn't prepared for that yet.