Chapter 6: Panic Station

Last Modified 12/10/20

You laid back comfortably on the concrete of the circular fountain. At the end of the school day, you decided not to go home right away but instead go to the garden and enjoy its beauty. You closed your eyes and washed away your troubles. You hum your favorite melodies to nature and its' creatures. You started to drift away from reality. You remembered a lullaby that your grandmother used to sing to you when you were little. You hummed the melody and started to sing it. 

"Her heart underneath, Cries quietly. This part of me, I choose not to see..." You sang, feeling relaxed. At that moment, you felt like freedom was at your fingertips.

***

Meta Knight exited the school building and wandered around the school to clear his head before getting his professional help. He decided to clear his thoughts in the garden area. He enjoyed spending time there whenever he felt stress. To him, the garden was his escape from everything else. He loved its' beauties and peacefulness.

Once he arrived in the garden, he heard a voice singing. The voice was beautiful and angelic to his ears. He listens carefully to whom the voice belongs to. He steps further and saw you lying down in the fountain, singing away.

"Staining my soul and stinging my eyes; The red on my hands, Won't wash away, wash away." 

]Meta Knight went completely frozen from the lyrics of the song. He felt his hands trembling and his heart beating in fear. He quickly walked towards you and proceeded to grab your arm.

"Nowhere to run from what I have done. I'm no longer, no longer, A Rose of May-" 

You felt a sudden grab from your arm that pulled you forcibly to stand on your feet. You were completely caught off guard as you let out a little scream. You quickly realize that it was Meta Knight that pulled you up. He puts both hands on either side of your shoulders, panicking.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing, asshole! You-"

"W-Where did you heard that song!?" Meta Knight interrupted you, stuttering his words as he shakes you for answers. You realized that Meta Knight was trembling in fear and stared at you tearfully. You were concerned, and you quickly answered him, scared of what he'll do to you if you didn't.

"M-My grandmother use to sing it to me. It's called-"

"Rose Of May." Meta Knight finished your sentence. You were shocked to know that he knew the song. This song was only between you and your grandmother. But what was more shocking to you was that Meta Knight begins to shake more violently; tears begin to stream down his cheek as he breathes heavily. You gasped lightly, already knew what was happening. He was having a panic attack. You stayed calm, and you try to help him out. Meta Knight held on to your shoulders by clenching them roughly. He put his head down at you as his knees begin to weaken. You quickly noticed and proceeded to put your hand on his shoulder and slowly put him down on the ground to sit.

"It's okay, Sir. Everything is just fine. Just breathe in slowly. You'll be fine. Just listen and follow my voice. You'll be okay." You try to reassure him. Meta Knight tries so hard to take control of his emotions, but he couldn't. To him, he was reliving painful memories from his past. He felt he was experiencing them first hand. He felt like he couldn't move. His own mind was torturing him. He was scared. He tightens his hands on your shoulders as he sobs slightly, looking down. You sighed and began to stroke his hair. It felt soft and smooth in your fingertips. You shake your head in disagreement. You knew you shouldn't be doing this because you'll grow remorse towards him sooner or later. You wanted to break him, but you thought again, maybe at this moment, you have already done just that. You know his weakness now. You hum in concern. You sigh again and breathe in. You begin to hum a melody, and you begin to sing.