Chapter 21: Ruled By Secrecy

Last Modified: 12/16/20

The next day came, a crowd of people cheered joyfully of  Meta Knight's return. A festival was thrown in honor of him returning home safe and sound. Meta Knight was in complete utter shock to see the townspeople praising him. He never got praised by anyone,, making him feel very uncomfortable seeing a swarm of people around him giving him gifts and their blessings. You looked around the town's atmosphere. Beautiful decorations were hanging and displaying for the festival. Meta Knight has spoken to your friends and cleared up the misconception you gave them. You gasped desperately from the lack of oxygen you weren't getting. Emma was hugging you tightly, crying endlessly. She kept on apologizing to you after you accepted the apology. All your friends were with you, surrounding themselves at you as you sat under the Fountain of Dreams. 

"Sorry about Emma. She gets apologetic whenever she fucks up badly." Kane smiled.

"You were the one that convinced me to not talk to her, you jerk! You were the one that fucked up! I always believed in her!" Emma whimpers under your shirt. Kane scratched his head, mumbling unspoken words under his breath. 

"I've told you guys I am fine! As long as you guys aren't angry or sad anymore. I don't mind the pushover." You specified again. 

"But we do apologize for the lack of support, (Y/n). Even though you said you were feeling great over the past month and a half, we should have been there to motivate you. Meta Knight means a lot to us to the point that made us forget about our friends." Tiff explained.

"I shouldn't be judging that, Tiff. After all, I flipped out and left you guys over Meta Knight's supposed death. There is no one else to blame but me."

"Speaking about Meta Knight, what is your deal with him now that he is back," Emma asked, letting you go and wiping away her tears. You smiled to yourself. You knew that they wouldn't know until you got out of high school.

"My teacher, obviously. He is going to continue teaching me to become a great student." You proclaimed. Your friends looked at each other questionably, not believing the words that slipped out your tongue. 

"So, you are telling us you are going to be a student now?" Kane questioned, pointing at you. 

"I don't have any other choice now. If I want to be free I gotta pass school." Kane and Emma looked at each other until Kane cheer away, shouting while Emma pouted and frowned. Emma took out some dedebills and gave them to Kane begrudgingly. 

"Did you guys really made a fucking bet on me?" You growled, getting up from your seat, and gave Kane a death glare. 

"Hell yeah, and I won that fucking bet!" Kane chimed happily. You groan out frustratedly. Before you did anything, you were interrupted by a voice. 

"Good evening, everyone." You heard Meta Knight's voice from your left. Everyone gathered up their composure and greeted him. You saw him holding tons of gift baskets and other sweet gifts. 

"Wow, Meta Knight. You got a lot of gifts there." Tiff complimented with a chuckle.

"I rather have peace and quiet for myself than admiration and praise." He sighed. You let out a laugh at his miserably. You jumped slightly, realizing that you have gotten something for Meta Knight. You bend down to reach in your bookbag lying on the ground and pulled out a flower crown that you made. You make your way towards Meta Knight and proceed to place it over his head. 

"One more gift for your crippling sadness." You smiled, which left Meta Knight blushing softly. 

"Oh..., umm... Thank you, Ms.(L/n). Well then... I would love to stay and chat, but I must return home now. Large crowds make me very uncomfortable." He concluded, walking away from the group. You all said goodbye to him as he walked away. You slapped your hands together to get your friends' attention.