Chapter 7: Dig Down

Last Modified 12/10/20

The next day of school came around the corner. It was Friday, and you were overjoyed that the week was coming to an end. You wanted to spend your weekend off by looking around town and exploring Dreamland. You were stretching by your locker, preparing for your first period to start. Since on Fridays you always were too excited, you normally wake up earlier than usual.

"Whattup, (Y/n)!" You heard someone yelling at you. You turn to see Kane and Emma walking towards you. Kane came close to you and gave you a high five as you accept it.

"So, (Y/n). What are you planning to do during the weekend?" Emma asked. You smirked at her while holding your chin.

"Probably look around town and explore the woods. Wanna come with?" Both of them gave you an undecided look. You stare at them, confused about their silent response.

"What's wrong?"

"Well... me and Emma got caught ditching last week by the dean and gave us detention tomorrow," said Kane, very confidently as he straightened his shirt. You rolled your eyes, chuckling at his demeanor. 

"Maybe you guys are as bad as you claim to say. I'll give you my greatest respect for that remarkable and life-changing risk." You applaud them.

"Oh, shut up." Emma laughed, playfully punching you in the shoulder.

"Well, hopefully, we can all hang out on Sunday then." You offered. "Sounds like a plan." Kane accepted. The three of you laugh as you guys walked to first-period class.

The rest of your day went by great. You roasted all of your teachers pretty well except for Mr. Estep. He was a very chilled and accepting art teacher. You liked him and decided to spare him from your sass, but what made your day great was that for Meta Knight's classes, you wrote: "Meta Knight is a Spanish asshole that fucked with every bitch in this school " on his broad during your 3rd-period class. You ditched his 3rd and 5th-period class to piss him off more. Once you arrive at his 8th-period class, he scolded you and made you run for 80 laps around the gym, but you quickly made your escape when he was distracted by Cathy talking to him.

"Perfect Day." You said to yourself, walking the sidewalk. You breathe in the fresh air and walk into Town.

***

Meta Knight stomps furiously around his desk as he snickered at your behavior today. You were getting worse by the second, and he needs to know the root of the problem to change your bad behavior. He knew you were doing this to get freedom, but he did not understand why you still stuck around. He paces back and forth around his deck until he heard a knocking on his classroom door. He asked to enter, and he processed to sit down behind his desk.

"Hello, Meta Knight?" A female voice said, entering the room. Meta Knight knew the voice and right away addressed them. "Ah, Tiff, Tuff, Kirby. Thank you for coming." 

The girl enters the room along with two other boys. They processed to walk towards Meta Knight's desk. A girl with blond hair in a ponytail was Tiff, the boy with blond hair but his lower bottom part of his hair was green was Tuff, and the little boy with pink hair was Kirby, all wearing the school's uniform.

"How's it going. Meta Knight? We haven't seen you for a while now." Tuff asked, lifting himself from Meta Knight's desk and sitting on it.

"Yes, it has been a good while now since I've seen you all. I was planning on visiting, but my schedule won't allow that." He responded very gratefully.

"Poyo! Poyo!" Kirby said with a bright smile. He walks towards Meta Knight and places his tiny hands on his arm. Meta Knight happily smiles back at him, patting his head.

"So, Meta Knight, why exactly did you call us here? Usually, when you call us in school, it mostly means that you're in a sticky situation and want us to help ya out." Tiff hindsight the current situation. Meta Knight sighs softly. "Is it that obvious?"

"Oh, boy. What do you want us to do now? Befriend one of your students to find out more information about them again." Tuff joked as he and Kirby laughed. Meta Knight groans furiously. He thought to himself that even kids could find out his intentions. Tiff took notice and gave Meta Knight a disapproving look.

"Not this again, Meta Knight. We already did this with two of your students. It took us a very long time to befriend them only to be forgotten in a couple of weeks by them." Tiff barks out.

"Tiff is right, Meta Knight. Besides, I thought you said you didn't care if a kid gets on your nerves." Tuff added, swinging his legs back and forth.

"I don't, Tuff. This isn't about my emotions towards this specific student. It's about making Dream Royal a better school." Meta Knight addressed them. He crosses his hands, placing them in front of his mouth.

"What do you mean?" Tiff questioned him; agitatedly.

"The administrators wanted this student to become a respectful and successful person to make Dream Royal a more reliable school. But this student is one of the worst students I have ever seen. Failing grades, bad behavior, and a big ego." Meta Knight explains to the kids.

"Let me guess, Ms. Tarn wanted you to fix this, but you want us to find the root of the problem to have a clear idea on where to start." She scoffed, crossing her arms angrily. Meta Knight frowns, proceeding to stand up from his chair.

"I know it's a lot to ask from the three of you, but I need you to help me." He begged them, giving them a sad look. All three children looked at him and frowned as well. Tiff thinks to herself for a while and shakes her head.

"What will we get in return?" Tiff mumble.

"Whatever is needed from you." All three looked at each other and smirked.

"Alright, Meta Knight. We will help you out. And in return, you have to start meeting new people and start dating." Tiff smirked. Meta Knight gasped lightly. He never expected such an offer from them.

"W-What?! Why is that?!" He stuttered; in complete shock. 

"Because you're so uptight. You need a woman in your life, man." Tuff smiled.

"Poyo! Poyo!" Kirby jumped happily, agreeing as well.

"You have to do it rather you like it or not, Meta Knight. It's about that time in your life to settle down and have a family!" Tiff ordered him. 

Meta Knight groans as he places his hand on his face. He never before felt so embarrassed that children ordered him to start dating people and have a family. He growls at the thought of having a relationship. He doesn't have time for love and doesn't have time to deal with a lover. He thought about the children's deal. He needed to make you successful, but he doesn't want a relationship. He thought about it really hard. The children saw that Meta Knight had a hard time deciding, but they wanted this for him. They cared about his well being. 

All they ever have seen from Meta Knight is working and teaching. They never seen him happy, loved, or even having fun. They fear if Meta Knight keeps this type of lifestyle, he'll be depressed and alone. They know that Meta Knight doesn't like relationships, but it was for his own good. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made to get what you want. And that lesson was taught to them by Meta Knight himself. Meta Knight shakes his head-scratching the back of his head.

"It appears that I don't have any other choice." Meta Knight muttered under his breath. All three children jump out in joy as they run up to Meta Knight, hugging him.

"Trust us, Meta Knight. You'll be thanking us by the end of this deal. Ain't that right, Kirby?" Tuff smiled under Meta Knight's clothing.

"Poyo! Poyo!" Kirby smiled. Meta Knight sighs annoyingly. He thought that this would end up very badly for him.