Chapter 11: Invincible

Last Modified 12/10/20

You manage to get by the last three weeks smoothly. You occasionally talk back to your teachers, including Meta Knight, but you bounce back with your grades. You only had one D now, which was Spanish class. Of course, it had to be the Meta himself that was going to deny your performance. The rest of your grades consist of C's or B's. You felt proud of yourself with your grades. It just proves to your teachers that you weren't dumb as they thought, but instead, you choose to act this way on purpose. And you get to prove them wrong once the concert comes around. Your ego is certainly high up in the sky at this moment.

You smiled when you walked into town. Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby invited you to visit a friend that they wanted you to meet. You were glad that the children were able to understand why you do the things you do. And for that, you are willing to be friends with them. You liked them, and you wanted to be nice to them. 

As you were walking towards the town, you were greeted by the town's friendly and kind people. You, of course, greeted them back and offered to help in any shape you can. The people here were genuinely peaceful, well, for the most part. You walked up to the Fountain of Dreams and saw Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby waiting for you. You walked up to them until you notice that Meta Knight was with them, engaging in conversation. You moan frustratedly as you realized that they set you up. You wanted to ditch them and go on with your day without being bothered by that ignorant teacher, but you weren't the type of person to back down so easily. You walked up to them casually and greeted them. They welcomed you back as well as Meta Knight. You didn't say a word to him and stared at him blankly.

"Tell me again, why you invited him here if he is going to scold us for everything we do?" You questioned Tiff and Tuff, annoyed. They notice that you were getting angry by the second and stepped in between you and Meta Knight.

"Well, we just wanted to stop this rivalry before it gets worse," Tiff said nervously. You huff angrily, turning your attention to something else.

"It already has. If you want to hang out with him, that's fine, but don't include me because I don't want to get judged by everything I do." You impatiently said. Meta Knight sighed at your willingness to cooperate.

"You say that you don't want to be judged, but you're here judging me, Ms. (L/n)." Meta Knight challenged you. You turned back your attention to him and gave him a disgusted look.

"Screw you. I just wanted to be left alone, but you have to come along and decide to attack me personally. You put yourself in this position. All I'm doing is returning the favor." You said sarcastically with a hint of anger. Meta Knight lets out a frustrated sigh, putting his hand over his mask as a sign of anger.

"(Y/n), please. Maybe if you explain to Sir Meta Knight why you feel this way, he could help you. Sir Meta Knight had helped me and supported me long before there was a Dream Royal. I trust him with every fiber of my being. He won't let you down, and he never judges anyone for their problems." Tiff tries to console you, taking you by the hands and reassuring you. You let out an annoying tisk sound as you look away from her.

"Explaining it won't make someone understand easily. Expressing it makes it more understandable." You said. You walked away from her and proceeded to walk up to The Fountain of Dreams. You stared at the beautiful structure. By looking at it, it gave you hope and freedom. You felt the wind blow on your face and hair as you shut your eyes and felt all its' wonderful air.

"Soon, the dew of morning filled all the silent wood. And when the sunbeams kissed her face. She opened her so lucky eyes in front of her the oak. The whispers of the river, the freshness of the dawn." 

You begin to sing quietly while still being able to hear. You begin to step up on the fountain's concrete and face them as you continue to sing.

"Oh, my god, where was I. A land where my dreams rule. Where hopes of victory become reality for every man, that hardly raised the steel, the fight for peace of reign is so won once again." 

You sang loudly as you can. Everyone nearby heard you sing and begin to crowd around The Fountain of Dreams, singing in front of them as like you were preaching to them.

"Warriors, battles, swords of steel and magic, tragic destinies. Glory, pride, and honor for my will for justice everywhere. I can't believe what I have seen there in that fantasy world of mystery. Many warriors and kings, golden swords of steel, all united for victory. I speak to you for the last time before we ride to the sun. I could survive in your proud heart 'cause you are now one of us! We are the kings of the nordic twilight. We are the lords of ice and snow. For the glory, we will fight. For the peace, we'll ride. For the skies, we'll reign together."

There was a crowd of people now before you as they clapped and cheered along with your song. Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby stood there happily and engaging with the crowd. You didn't notice it, but Meta Knight stood there in complete astonishment at the words you sang. Justice? Peace? Warriors? That didn't sound anything like you. You were completely the opposite of that; it sounded like something he would do when he thought about it—being disobedient so that he can bring peace to the galaxy. It sounded just like him. He couldn't believe what he was seeing before him. A person who only wishes to be free from her troubles and her troubles lays in school. You were like him before everything he went through. 

You step down off the fountain's concrete, and you started to interact with the crowd as you dance around with them.

"She felt on her knees having heard the holy words, and moved by the honor so. Oh, no lord, too much for me. I still cannot believe, the chance you gave to me is so great. I am a blessed man! Convinced of all the power of what true love can do. And while the whispers of the brave began to fade. She understood life wouldn't be the same. With all emotions of today, she would have found her way." 

The crowd of cappies begins to sing along with you now knowing the lyrics. You were heading your way to Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby as all four of you begin to dance to the music of the song.

"Warriors, battles, swords of steel and magic, tragic destinies. Glory, pride, and honor for my will for justice everywhere. I can't believe what I have seen there in that fantasy world of mystery. Many warriors and kings, golden swords of steel all united for victory. And at last, also I know truly what love can do. So try to live at your best and ride from the sun to the moon. We are the kings of the nordic twilight. We are the lords of ice and snow. For the glory, we will fight. For the peace, we'll ride. For the skies, we'll reign together." 

You quickly headed towards the concrete of the fountain. You once again step up to face the crowd, followed by the children doing the same thing.

"...And finally, the silent woods of Valdaran greet the fierce battalion. Victory rides in the heart of all nature, and light and shadows play all over the land before the lord of twilight gives the knights a deserved rest. But not too long, my friends, because evil is riding now. Along the border between earth and hell. May now your kingdom prevail!" 

You concluded. You raised your fist onto the air to the crowd while they did as well. The crowd cheered in excitement and joy of your song's tale. It gave them hope and freedom to hear you sing, which made you feel the same way. The song is about how you felt when you first got to Dreamland. It was a whole new world that your dreams of freedom could come true. You love it. You love the people that live in it and you love living there. You never want it to end. 

As you dropped your thoughts, Tiff, Tuff, and Kirby started complimenting you and supporting you with kindness. You soon saw Kane and Emma approaching you and did the same. All of you engaging with conversations. Something that you appreciated. You were glad that they accepted you for who you really were and you were happy with that. 

As you thought, you caught something in your peripheral vision. It was something blue walking away. You turn your head to see Meta Knight walked away from the crowd with his cape wrapped around his body. You grin at him as you thought that he got your message now and he won't bother you anymore. Or so you thought.