Chapter 17: Unintended

Last Modified 12/14/20

***A/n: To be honest, I am not proud of this chapter nor the turn I am taking with it. I made 3 different drafts of this chapter and this was the best I can do. I am not proud of it and I know I could do better. But I gave up on redrafting this chapter and just continue on moving forward with this story now.

Ps. Still do ~ 12/14/20***

The gleaming sunlight shines on your sleeping face. Your eyes flicker back and forth. A sudden jolt of excitement erupted your body that causes you to spring out of your bed. It was Saturday morning and you wanted to explore more of Dreamland. You had the whole day planned for adventures and journeys, but your excitement dropped when you heard someone in the kitchen of your home. It couldn't be your parents since they went on another business trip for a week. 

You quickly sneaked into the kitchen and peeked your head to see if there was an intruder in your house. You were surprised to see your father baking pancakes and cooking bacon on the stove. You asked him why he wasn't on his business trip. He explained that he got his work done early and was able to take a few days off. He decided to take this time to have a daughter and father day and go camping tomorrow. You were overjoyed to hear you were going to spend time with your father. 

You admire your father greatly. He was one of the few people who truly understood your morals. He never stopped you from pursuing your dreams. He encourages them and your behavior towards school. He had the same strong hatred for school and he understood why you hated it. He even recommended you to drop out, but of course, your mother completely disagrees with it, to the point where their marriage was jeopardized because of it. So you made the sacrifice to continue to go to school which led up your mother telling you to put at least some effort on your schoolwork. You had a weak relationship with her because of it. But your father, you respect him and admired him. You were willing to take any opportunity to spend time with him since all his business trips never let him. 

After you ate your breakfast, you and your father decided to go into town to get some supplies together before the camping trip. 

The beaming sun rays hit your smooth face as you spin around slowly and admire the warm breeze blowing your face. You breathe in the fresh air of Dreamland and breathe out feeling new and reborn. You pause and stare at the bright blue skies. It has been a month since you arrived at Dreamland, and not a single drop of rain fell from Popstar. Every day you spent there was a beautiful day. You wished it could last forever like this. This new life you entered will be with you forever. 

"(Y/n). Come on!" You stopped your daydream and saw your father waving and calling for you. You quickly ran towards him and walked into Tuggle's grocery store. You both began to do essential shopping and looking around the aisles.

"(Y/n), can you please go to the next aisle and look for a can of beans." Your father pleaded. You agreed as you proceeded to walk to the next aisle. Your body froze once you did. You saw Meta Knight in the aisle browsing over some items while holding a shopping basket. You wanted to get away from the aisle quickly, but you wanted to know what happened with his date with Cathy. Curiosity killed the cat again, you thought. You'll regret this moment for sure, but a sudden strong emotion pulled you over to him. You found it strange. 

"Well. Well. Well. Look what we have here." You announced, revealing yourself to him. Meta Knight simply moved his head to face the disturbances of his shopping. His eyes only simply widened and showed no sign of emotion. 

"Good evening, Ms. (L/n). I presume you came to do some shopping here instead of giving me another ear full." Meta Knight greeted, continuing browsing through some items. You let out a tisk and crossed your arms.