Chapter 22: Apocalypse Please

Last Modified: 12/17/20  

The bell rang to end the school day. Meta Knight saw you quickly walk out of the classroom with a furious expression. He didn't know what set you off today, but he couldn't deal with it right now. He had a meeting with the administrator to discuss your progress so far after school. He calmed down his nerves before he made his way to the administrator's office. He didn't show it, but at times Ms. Tarn would stress him out whenever he has a meeting with her. Somehow at the end of the session, she will find ways to make him feel like the world is going to end if he doesn't complete a task or mission. 

Once he arrived, there was only a large rectangular table on the front of the room that was placed horizontally. In the back of the room was a large Courtroom stand, where the school's administrator sat. The school's faculty wasn't present this time around, and neither was the other administrators. It was only a meeting between him and Val Tarn. She was sitting at the head of the court stand, looking at Meta Knight with wonder eyes. 

"Good evening, Sir Meta Knight. It has been a while since we discussed anything about (Y/n) (L/n). I have looked at her file and grades right now. And... I can't help but feel a tad bit disappointed in you, Meta Knight. I thought I could rely on you to make her a successful student. But apparently, you are making me look like a fool for taking in this disobedient ignorant little girl." She spat at him with a monotone yet threatening tone. 

"I can assure you, Ms. Tarn. I have spoken to the girl, and I successfully convinced her to take her studies seriously. Five months is enough time to change her grades in due time before the school year ends." Meta Knight clarified. Ms. Tarn hums under her breath. She pushes her rectangular glass close up to her face, only to see the glare of the lens under the room's light. She scoffed at him as she folded her arms.

"I'll be making sure you eat those words if you fail, Meta Knight. I can't dismiss you for failing this one time. After all, you are the greatest teacher we ever had in Dream Royal. Instead, you will do something that will be very unpleasant if you fail in reforming this girl." Ms. Tarn declared in a threatening tone. The threat didn't phase Meta Knight; instead, he stood there indifferently. He would be lying if he didn't fear what kind of unpleasant thing he will face if you didn't graduate, but he would not be willing to find out.

"I understand, Ms. Tarn." Meta Knight assured her. Ms. Tarn hummed and took out a couple of papers out of her binder. They both proceed to talk about other things involving the school. The entire time, Meta Knight kept on wondering about you. Why were you upset all of a sudden? He hopes it wouldn't affect your school performance if you made another revelation.  

***

You have been working hard for the past three days. Meta Knight wasn't joking around when he said that it would be difficult raising your grade because the school is more advanced than any other school you have been in. But you tried your best even though you didn't know what the lessons were about. 

During those two days, Destiny made many attempts to seduce Meta Knight. It wasn't obvious or extreme. It was subtle. At that point, you thought Meta Knight was messing around with you. Trying to push you on edge, but you knew he wouldn't do that because he was too stubborn to do something like that. But you still felt jealous. She would stay after class to discuss further on a topic that was discussed in class. She would try to huddle up with Meta Knight whenever they spoke on his desk. She would walk with him in the hallways and would put her hand on his shoulder. You knew that she liked him and may have developed feelings for him. You found out from Cathy that Destiny was living in Dreamland long before you did and only entered Dream Royal to boost up her reputation. Even Cathy had a strong dislike towards her by the way she talked with Meta Knight. She even expressed to you that she felt replaced. Meta Knight would walk and talk to her every day, and now that Destiny arrived, they haven't spoken to each other ever since she came.