15

-Kennedy-

I woke up not entirely sure where I was at first. Then it all came rushing back: Luke, the hotel, the after party, the lingerie, the electric feelings. I turned to see Luke, in just his boxers, standing at the window looking down at the scenery below. I crawled out of bed and pulled on the black silk robe I had worn last night. Then I joined him at the window, snaking my arms around his waist. His skin was cool and his smile warm at the contact.

"Good morning, love." He said in his deep morning voice.

"Good morning." I said, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. His face was serious and the lines more blunt than usual. "Everything alright, Luke?"

He sighed, "Well, depends on how you're going to take this. It's really not too big of a deal but it's hard to deal with this kind of stuff for the first time."

I felt panic build up in my chest, "Tell me."

He picked up his phone and handed it to me. I  read the article aloud, "Luke Hemmings's Mystery Gala Date Goes From Glorious Good Girl To Sultry Temptress in 24 Hours. This never before seen brunette has caused quite the stir within the 5SOS fandom. Her quick change from a stunning princess-esque appearance at Vegas's event of the year to a scantily clad party girl has left fans in a state of confusion. Many fans say that they should at least give the girl a chance while others are ready to burn her at the stake. One fan account tweeted, "She's just another slut using the band for publicity, she'll come and go like the rest of them." Many are convinced that the mystery girl is no more than a play toy for the lead singer of 5 Seconds of Summer as they enjoy their time off of touring. Comment below, does Hemmings's latest fling need to go or will she be old news by next week?"

I stood in shock, staring at the picture of me wearing my club outfit.

"At least you look hot in the picture." Luke said shyly, a cheeky smile creeping onto his face.

"Oh shut up," I laughed trying to make the best of this. "At least they liked my red carpet look?"

"Yeah! And no one actually reads these things anyways, it'll all blow over in a few hours when they find someone else's life to terrorize."

"I don't know Luke, I think you ought to be careful. I mean I'm a temptress that's using you for publicity." I played in a seductive voice.

"You're right," He said pulling me in to his chest. "I'd be careful if I were you considering you're my play toy. Didn't really seem like it considering last night." He laughed.

"If anything you're my play toy." I giggled.

"I'm perfectly ok with that," He smiled spinning me around.

-Luke-

I was proud of how well Kennedy was taking the publicity. It wasn't easy to be put up for judgement over the media, but it was bound to happen eventually. We had gotten ready to meet the rest of the band and management crew for lunch and were heading out of the hotel lobby only to be greeted by hoards of flashing cameras. Great.

I pulled Kennedy close to my body, shielding her from the mob as we exited together pushing our way through to crowd.

The paparazzi yelled questions at us, "Who's the mystery girl?"
"How was your love night?"
"Are you two exclusive?"
"Is this a fling?"
"How do you know she isn't using you?"

I was relieved when we both made it to the car. "You ok?" I asked Kennedy, who was still hiding her face.

"Yeah," She sighed unconvincingly. "I just don't like how they just assume that I'm either a hookup or I'm using you. It's not like that is it?"