18

-Luke-

Love. A little word with a lot of power. Something that I had avoided for the longest time. A traveling lifestyle, playing concerts across the globe on the daily, had made me weary of not just the word but also the idea of a long term relationship. When Kennedy came into my life I was on the verge of a crisis. I needed to get out of the old and start again as a better version of myself, not the guy who got wasted and slept with who knows how many people at every tour stop.

Kennedy was this little ball of life, you could see it all in her eyes. There was this beautiful pained youth that glowed within her. Yet she still had hope for the future. She was strong and kept me on my toes. She made me laugh and forget the world I had been sucked into. She made me feel like myself again.

When she told me she was in love with me, I didn't know what to do. I opened my mouth to scream out that I loved her too, it was everything I wanted to tell her. But nothing came out. I was luckily saved by Ashton and Calum coming in to check up on her. I wiped the tear from her eye and scolded myself for being too cowardly to say something.

Kennedy finished her soup while talking with the guys and decided to take a nap. I laid down next to her to keep her company, watching her body rise and fall with her breath. If I couldn't say it, I would at least show her how I felt.

-Kennedy-

I woke up and Luke was gone. I turned to see what time it was and realized I had been asleep for almost the whole day. When I moved to get out of bed I saw a bouquet of dark wine colored roses tied in a thick bow sitting on the bed next to me with a note. I unfolded it and read to myself.

"Rise and shine sweetheart! Meet me in the garden. Love, Luke"

I smiled to myself and made my way down to meet him. My jaw dropped as I opened the French doors to find Luke standing under strands of lights in the middle of the once burnt and now completely replanted garden of rose bushes.

"Do you like it?" He asked pulling me in for a hug.

"It's absolutely perfect! How did you do this?" I asked in total awe of the renovation he had managed to do.

"Well I had a whole band to help me shovel dirt around." He laughed.

"I love it! You can't even tell that anything ever happened here! And the lights that you added look so magical!" I spun around in utter joy. I trailed up and down the rows of rose bushes taking in each color and admiring the beauty.

"I'm so glad you're happy. I haven't seen that cute smile of yours in a while." He grinned.

"You make me happy." I said putting one hand on his chest and pulling him close to me with the other. I softly pressed my lips against his. Our kisses became more intense and I took his hand in mine leading him into the house, up the stairs, and to my room.

His tongue caressed my mouth in a way that made my insides feel like they were melting. He very carefully laid me down on the bed and hovered over me not breaking the contact of our mouths. I slid my hands under his T-shirt and ran my fingers against the warm skin of his back. I began to take his shirt off when he stopped me.

"Ken, I think we should stop. You still have a concussion and I don't want to chance hurting you." He said very seriously.

"But Luke, I'm feeling better!" I moaned in frustration. "I need you."

"I know, but I really think you should rest." He pouted.

"Why don't you want me?" I groaned.

"Sweetheart I want you more than you even know." He said very seriously with a familiar darkness clouding his blue eyes.

Deep down I knew he was right, but I also really wanted to satisfy the heat growing inside myself. I stared up at him and sighed, "Ok, but will you at least cuddle with me?"

He perked up all of a sudden. "I have an idea that will hopefully make this better."

I waited in bed as he ran to his room. He came back pushing his mattress through my doorway. Next came his bed frame, it was the perfect opportunity for me to admire his rippling muscles as he transported the furniture. He carefully aligned it with mine, turning our two small beds into one giant bed.

"I figured it was about time, I mean we live together." He laughed pointing to his masterpiece.

"It's great." I smiled pulling him into my chest and moving my lips to meet his in a deep kiss. "Now come to bed love."

"That's an invitation I'll never decline." He replied with a smirk.

He wrapped his arms around me and gently arranged us in a spooning position. It was comfy and warm and I loved being close to him but I couldn't help but sigh. "I hope I'm better soon."

He laughed, "Someone's horny."

"Side effects of having you as a boyfriend." I said nudging him.

He planted a soft kiss on my head, "I hope you're better soon too." And we both drifted to sleep.