Chapter 6: Rat Buisness

When morning came the next day the guild house was in a small state of chaos. It all started because of a small rodent in the kitchen and a Pony.

Armin was awoken by loud crashes and glass breaking with the occasionally "Get back here!" Or a "Dammit!"

Being curious like a cat Armin ventured towards the area. She froze at the doorway leading to the room when she saw what was going on.

"Gotcha!" Pony exclaimed happily as he snatched the rat from under a table.

He raised up and hit his head, causing him to accidentally let the little frightened creature loose. The creature ran towards the exit, and quickly ran pass Armin.

"Don't let it get away, Senpai!" Pony shouted raising up and hitting his head once again on the table.

Armin looked back at the rat as it ran through a hole in the wall.

"Sorry, it got away." she said turning her head back to Pony.

"Noooo!" Pony cried out and crawled out from under the table.

"What are you doing exactly?" Armin asked.

"I was making food when I saw the rat. I thought Hades might want a snack." Pony said.

"Hades?" Armin questioned.

"That's what I named my familiar." Pony said and a miniture version of the snake crawled out from a pocket in Pony pants, "He can also roam free like this in the guild."

"Wouldn't that take up your magic points?" she asked.

"A small amount to summon him, but it quickly refils after a while. Juvia can summon her familar here too." Pony said.

"That's cool. Kind of makes me wish I had chosen to become a mage, but I'm better with a sword." Armin said as she began to clean up the kitchen.

"Let me clean this." Pony said and Armin shook her head.

"I'll help." she said and gave him a small smile, "It's the least I can do since I let Hades snack get away."

"Okay." Pony said and began to clean up some broken glass.

When the mess was cleaned Pony and Armin walked out of the kitchen and into the living quarters to wake everyone up. By waking up I mean by pouring a bucket of water onto them.

"Pony! You're dead!" Matt screamed and began to chase after Pony while Juvia tripped him with her staff.

"Ahh!! Senpai help!!" Pony screamed as the two girls began beat on him.

"I warned you not to do it." Armin said with a small laugh, but she stopped when she saw the rat squeaking as if it was laughing.

The rat noticed Armin and began to run away. Armin chased after it leaving Pony behind.

"Arminnnn!!! Don't leave me!" he cried out, but Armin ignored him as she chased after the rat.

She had an odd feeling in her gut about it. She chased the rat down into a basement that she didn't even knew exsisted.

"Come out Mr. Rat." Armin said as she walked around the dark room.

She could here it scratching something that was made of wood. She paused when she felt some run pass her knee.

"I-I'm not going to h-hurt you." she said as she reached for her sword, but found it gone.

That was when she remembered she had left it laying beside the nightstand in her room. She muttered a curse and began to back slowly towards the staircase.

She felt sick to her stomach like something bad was about to happen. Two ruby red glowing eyes appeared before her, causing her to let out a blood curling scream.

Upstairs everyone jumped at the sudden loud and frightful scream.

"Armin!" Pony shouted as he flew up off of the ground.

Juvia, Greed, Matt and Reiner followed after him as he made his way towards the mysterious basement.

"Pony wait!" Reiner shouted grabbing Pony from going down into the dark room, "Whatever is going on down there is bad. We need to have our weapons."

"I don't need my weapon! I have Hades!" Pony said and reached into his pocket only to find it empty, "Fuck!"

Pony ran quickly to his room, while everyone went to retrieve their own. He was the first to make it back and was about to barge into the basement alone, until the rat appeared.

The small creature squeaked and pointed at the basement. It shook it's head and before it could do anything else Reiner appeared.

"Let's go." Reiner said and the two went down into the basement.