Chapter 52: Attack of the Monsters

With having Reiner back and Death defeated, the group moved from Elindale to a new town hidden far from most of towns. This town was known as Monsutā. It was an odd and creepy town with cloudy dark skies, with dead trees and dead grass all around.

"So why do we have to stay here?" Matt asked Xeno who was putting his map away.

"Because of a rare quest I have found." Xeno said, "It's like a small event with rare items at the end."

"Rare items? Let's do it!" Pony said with a grin on his face.

As the group talked about the quest, most of them asking what the quest was about and what kind of items were they, a figure watched them from a tall clock tower. The girls in the group all got a weird feeling of being watched.

"Let's find a place to stay first." Kaneki said stepping closer to Rogue.

"I agree." Greed said getting closer to Fandom.

"Yeah, we could talk about this later." Armin said and stood closer to Pony, while Matt stood where she was ignoring the feeling the best she could.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Pony questioned, "This place isn't that creepy."

"It's not that it's creepy..." Kaneki began, but Matt cut her off.

"This place gives off a weird vibe. It's like someone is watching us." Matt told him and Armin nodded her head.

The guys looked around for any sign of a person watching them, but found none, until Rogue noticed someone in the clock tower. He pointed the person out and being the fastest in the group Pony ran after him with Reiner following him close behind. Xeno shook his head and pulled out his bow and arrow.

He shot an arrow at the man's leg and hit him. The man fell from the tower, but a cloud of smoke covered him and a giant bat flew out of the cloud. Pony and Reiner stopped running and watched the giant bat fly away.

"What the hell was that?" Pony asked as a man poked his head out of a bar.

"Everyone please get inside at once!" he said and ushered everyone inside.

Standing in the bar everyone looked at the man who was peeking out of a window. He closed the blinds after a moment and turned to the group. The man shook nervously as beads of sweat rolled down from his bald head.

"You people do not know of the monsters that haunts this town?" he asked them and they shook their heads,

"Long ago there was an Earl. He was named Benjamin. He was what you would call a ladies man. Many of the women in this village would throw themselves at the Earl, and he would take the women back to his manor, but who ever entered would never come back. Many of the men from the village grew angry and went to see the Earl. They demanded for him to give the women back to them. When the Earl wouldn't, they attacked, only to be slaughtered by a monster."

"Monster? What kind?" Xeno asked.

"I hope it's a lamia." Pony said, until he thought for a moment about the half-human, half-snake creature, "On second thought, I hope it's not."

Everyone in the group rolled their eyes at him, as the bartender gave him an odd look.

"What kind of monster is it?" Reiner asked the man.

"It's an incubus." The bartender told them.

"Shit." Pony cursed.

"A what?" Kankei asked.

"It's a male version of a sucubus.They basically take women and try to impregnate them with the seed from a human male that a sucubus had taken in order to make more of their species." Armin said and pushed her glasses up, "That's what I've heard."

Kaneki, Greed and Matt stared at Armin with wide eyes.

"Better not go to sleep while we're here ladies, unless you want to have a demon child in your belly for nine months." Pony said and Armin smacked the back of his head.

"That's not going to happen if we sleep." she said and then muttered, "I hope it doesn't."

"Well at night is when the women mostly dissappear." The bartender said, "But it only happens when the women see the Earl."

"We saw that bat thing. Does that mean we're going to disappear?" Greed asked him.

"No, only his human form." The bartender said, "As long as you haven't seen him, then you are safe."

A few minutes went by as they spoke to the bartender about the Earl and the town. The Bartender then showed them where they could rent a room for the night and told them that they should leave in the morning. But knowing the group they weren't about to run away that easily.