Chapter 3: The Tutorial

The beasts jumped at the group. Being the first to react Pony swung his staff at a wolf. It made contact with the creature. It flew back with a dark ball of energy that the staff had produced.

The white and black Blob reappeared with the man not far from the battle. "Dark magic types usually are able to produce a ball of dark energy towards their enemies." The blob said as the wolf laid dead on the ground.

Armin swung her sword at a wolf and purple smoke came from the cut.

"What the..." she began confused.

"Poisons work many ways on the enemies. From spells to enchanted weapons " the blob spoke as a white ball of energy flew at the poisoned wolf and the blob spoke again to Juvia "Much like dark magic types, white magic types produce a white ball of energy towards their enemies."

"That is so cool!" Juvia said looking at her staff.

"Juvia! Behind you!" Reiner shouted shooting an arrow at a wolf that was about to pounce on Juvia.

The arrow hit the wolf and Reiner drew another arrow. He fired the arrow and ten sprung from the single arrow with all hitting it's target.

"That move is known as the Arrow swarm. Fire one arrow and ten will appear. It's a critical hit on the target." the blob said.

"Awesome." Reiner said and fired another arrow at a wolf as Greed fought off two wolves.

Greed clenched the handle of her sword and ran at one with a battle cry. As she swung her sword fire covered the blade and spun around the two enemies.

"That is known as the Fire Spin. Fire covers the blades and when contact is made with the target it spins around them." the blob said as the two wolves weren't burnt to a crisp.

Pony waved his staff around and the staff began to hiss. He paused and looked at the snake head on top. It began to move and he dropped the staff in shock.

"Pony!" Armin cried out as the wolf jumped at him.

Before the wolf could reach Pony a giant snake appeared from the ground and ate the wolf.

"Summoning. It's a powerful spell and only able to be used once during battle. It takes much magic points and lasts for ten minutes in battle." the blob said.

"Holy fuck." Pony said looking at the giant snake that swollowed the wolf.

"I wonder if I get to summon a creature?" Juvia said as she waved her staff around.

The rose on top of her staff began to glow and giggle. A little creature made of roses grew before them at knee length.

"Aw, that's so cute!" Armin said looking at the creature getting distracted for a moment from the last remaining wolf.

The wolf pounced knocking her to the ground. She let out a scream as the wolf bit down on her arm.

"Armin!" the group screamed as Reiner drew an arrow hitting the wolf in the heart.

It fell over dead as Armin screamed out in pain.

"Ahhhh!" she screamed clutching her bleeding arm.

"Oh my God! What do we do!?" Greed asked.

"I-I don't know! Fuck! Juvia do you know any healing spells?" Pony asked looking at the younger mage.

"No. Is she going to be okay?" Juvia asked.

"This was suppose to be a game!? How is she bleeding and in pain!?" Reiner asked.

"Healing potions are usefull during times like these." The blob said as the man and creature appeared before them.

"Here ya go, missy." The man said pouring the potion in Armin's mouth.

Armin stopped screaming and the wound on her arm began to go away. She sat up with a groan and looked at her arm.

"I-It's healed." she said looking amazed.

"Armin!" Everyone shouted and piled on her into a hug.

"Gah!" she cried out suprised.

"You have all finished the tutorial. Please step through the portal into the town of Moons." the man said as a portal appeared before them.

The man and blob dissappeared as everyone stared at the portal.

"Should we?" Greed asked as she stood up.

"We have too don't we?" Juvia said standing.

"I say we go for it. Adventure!" Reiner said.

"Best thing to do is to go forward." Pony said as he helped Armin up.

"Yeah." Armin said nodding her head.

"Then let's go!" Pony said pulling Armin along towards the portal with everyone running after the two.