Chapter 39: The Shrine of the Holy Ones

Ten days had passed since the kiss between Reiner and Matt had happened. Nothing had changed during that time. Armin was still asleep and Pony was waiting by her side waiting like a faithful King guarding his queen. Though he did leave the room when he had too.

"I wonder when Armin will wake up." Greed said as she poked at her breakfast.

"What if she doesn't wake up? Shit, that'd suck." Rogue said one morning at the kitchen table.

"Rogue, don't say that." Greed said, "She will wake up."

"She probably won't. I mean she could be brain dead and stuck like that." Rogue said.

"Shut the fuck up, Rogue." Pony said in a deadly tone as he stood in the doorway of the dining room, "She will wake up."

Rogue let out a sigh and kept quiet as he ate his breakfast. Pony sat at the table and ate his food.

"So how can a tomato be a fruit? And does that mean ketchup is actually a jelly?" Gray began to ramble as he tried to lighten the mood.

"I think it's a veggie." Juvia said.

"Me too." Greed said before taking a sip of her drink, "I mean we don't put tomatos in pies like we would a fruit."

"Yeah, that would be gross to put a tomato in a pie." Gray said.

There was a slam on the table as Pony stood up and exited the room. Greed frowned.

"It's not the same without Armin." Greed said, "I feel like this is my fault. I should have protected her."

"Don't blame yourself, Greed. No one knew it was going to happen." Reiner told her.

"Plus it's Roxlin fault. He was there with her." Rogue said.

"What was that asshole!?" Roxlin asked glaring at Rogue.

"Nothing. I'm just going to leave." Rogue said and stood up.

Rogue walked out of the room and Juvia followed after him. Rogue grabbed his jacket and walked out of the house. Juvia ran after him.

"Rogue, wait up!" Juvia called out.

Rogue stopped and turned around to face her.

"What?" Rogue asked.

"Let's go on a quest together. I have one, but I need someone to go with me." Juvia said holding up a piece of parchment.

"Yeah. We can do that quest." Rogue said and the two went to the church.

The preacher was leading a service as the two walked inside. They decided to sit in the back and waited for it to be over.

"Next Sunday, we will be discussing about the Journey of the Sprites to the shrine of the Holy Ones." The preacher told everyone that sat in the pews of the church.

When everyone had left Juvia and Rogue approached the preacher. He smiled at them kindly and raised his hand up to silence Juvia who was about to speak.

"I know what you two came here for. I could see it in your eyes." The preacher said, "The marriage ceremony fee is 200 gold coins."

Juvia's face turned a bright red as her eyes went wide with shock. Rogue's eyes went a little wide from not expecting that.

"W-we're not here to get married." Juvia said quickly waving her hands back and forth.

"Yet." Rogue commented making Juvia even more nervous and blushing.

"Oh, is that so? My apologies." The preacher said.

"We are here because we saw your flyer for a quest." Juvia said holding up the piece of parchment.