Chapter 44: The Game is On

Greed walked back to the guild house in tears. No one was home when she got there, so she went straight for her room and cried. It was hours later when Rogue and Juvia returned laughing happily about something they had seen on their date, but they stopped when they saw Greed laying on the couch with messed up hair, and a red face from crying.

"Greed! What's wrong!?" Juvia asked rushing over to her sister.

"Gray's gone." she whispered as tears came to her eyes, "I couldn't save him."

"What?" Juvia asked her eyes growing wide as Rogue stood behind them.

"He's gone. Went back to our world." Greed said.

"How?" Juvia asked and Greed informed them.

"Isn't that a good thing? He's back home safe from this world." Rogue said and Greed left the room while Juvia looked at him.

"It is good, but you know how she feels about him." Juvia said and Rogue nodded his head.

"Yeah. I shouldn't have said that, but it's good that he's safe now." Rogue said and Juvia nodded her head as Armin and Pony entered the house.

"What's wrong?" Armin asked noticing the sad looks on their faces.

Juvia explained to them what had happened and Pony remained quiet as Armin frowned at the news.

"Greed is not dealing with it well. She's a mess." Juvia told them.

An hour later Matt, Reiner and Doitsu came back. Before they could inform them about Gray, Armin ran over to the German shepherd and began to pet on him.

"He's so cute." she said.

"When did you get a dog, Shorty?" Pony asked and Doitsu barked at Pony making him fall backwards.

"Ha! Don't call me shorty, and Reiner got him for me." Matt said grinning.

"While you two were on a date." Pony teased.

"Shut up." Matt snapped at him blushing brightly.

"Are Greed and Gray not back?" Reiner asked and a sudden silence filled the room.

"Gray was zapped back to the real world. Greed's upstairs." Pony told them.

"Pony!" Juvia said as Armin stood up.

"What? They were going to find out." Pony said.

"Yeah, but you didn't have to..." Juvia began, but Armin shushed them all.

"No fighting. Greed will hear. Now we need to make a plan. Death has a way to send us back home so the darkness can take over this world. We fought a hard way to this point, so I know we aren't going to give up that easily." Armin said.

"She has a point. We need to have a plan." Reiner said.

"Plus he has a way to our world. When he's done taking over this place, he will go after ours." Pony said and everyone went to the living room to disscuss, while Greed sat up in her room.

Hours passed by as the group discussed their plan, which consisted of them going back to the Town of Moons and fighting Death, but while fighting Reiner and Rogue could use their special attack that they had unlocked from doing a mission together.

"While the two do that, Roxlin could jump in at the last second and finish Death off." Pony said.

"Yeah, but he has to do it at the right moment, or be killed." Rogue said as foot steps could be heard coming down from the stair case.

Greed walked though the room and left out of the front door.

"Is it a good idea to let her be alone?" Armin asked, "Death is running around with that weapon."

"She isn't alone. Roxlin is with her. She'll be fine, Armin." Juvia said and the group split up to do what ever they wanted.

Reiner went to the kitchen with Pony and Armin to start working on dinner, while Rogue went to train, and Juvia, and Matt went to walk Doitsu.

Meanwhile Greed walked through the town looking around at the happy people. She wished she could feel happy, but she couldn't. She had lost Gray and he wasn't able to come back.

"Greed?" A voice called out stopping Greed in her tracks.

She turned around to see a very familiar face. It was a friend of hers from the real world. He was known as Xeno.

"X-Xeno? Is that really you?" She asked him.

"Yes it is me. What are you doing here?" Xeno asked her.

"I can ask you the same thing." She said looking at him.

"I was transported to this place, because of a video game called the Darkness. I've been traveling around ever since." Xeno told her.

"That's what happened to me and the others." Greed told him.

"Others? We're not the only ones here?" He asked and Greed shook her head.

"We aren't. My friends and Juvia are here too." Greed said, "Follow me, I'll show you them."

The two began to walk back towards the guild house, when they bumped into Juvia, Matt and Doitsu.

"Greed, who is that?" Juvia asked pointing at Xeno supiciously.

"This is Xeno. He's a friend of mine from the real world. He was transported here like we had." she told them.

"There's more here!?" Juvia asked with wide eyes.

"No. I have travelled all over this world and haven't met anyone else. You guys are the first real people I have met here." Xeno told them.

"Real people? Tch, I'm real too." Roxlin said sounding offended.

"What?" Fandom asked confused looking at Roxlin, who he thought was actually Greed.

"Uh, let's go to the house. The others will want to meet you Xeno." Juvia said and dragged him away before he could ask any questions about Greed's strange behaviour.

Back at the guild house, Juvia and Greed called for everyone to come into the living room, that was basically their meeting hall. Pony was the first to enter and looked at Xeno with a confused, and slightly supicious look.

"Who's he?" Pony asked as Armin and Reiner walked into the room, while Rogue also entered from the training room.

"Hello, I am Xeno. I'm from the real world and was transported here like everyone else. I am also a friend of Greeds." Xeno told the four.

"So there's more people out there from our world?" Reiner questioned.

"Sadly no. You seven are the first real people I have met." Xeno told them.

"I am real!" Roxlin shouted.

"Of course you are, Greed." Xeno said and Roxlin glared at him.

"I'm not Greed. I'm Roxlin, The Darkness of Maddness." Roxlin said and Xeno pulled out a sliver elegant looking long bow with an arrow pointed at Roxlin.

"You all are part of the Darkness aren't you?" Xeno asked as he pointed his bow at everyone.

"No, we aren't. Greed was possessed by Roxlin to help us fight against them, and save this planet." Reiner told him, "Now put the bow and arrow away."

"How can I trust you?" He asked, "This could be some sort of trap."

"It's not, you have to trust us." Greed said and Xeno pointed his arrow at her.

"Stay back!" Xeno told him.

"This is useless." Matt said and ran at him with her sword.

She flew behind him and smacked the back of his head with the hilt of her sword knocking him out. Greed ran over to Xeno and caught him before he could hit the floor.

"When he wakes up, we can explain everything to him." Matt said as everyone stared at her, "And hopefully he will listen."