Chapter 42: Reality

Three hours had gone by since the death of Armin had happened. Everyone sat in silence as the grim reality of it all hit them.

"W-what are we going to do with her body?" Gray asked.

"Is it even there?" Rogue asked, "We haven't checked on it and dead things usually dissappear here."

"Stop talking as if she was a thing! She was our friend!" Pony shouted angrily at Rogue.

"Pony, calm down and Rogue, he's right. She was our friend and even if her body isn't there, I think we should have a funeral for her." Reiner said, "She deserves one."

"Stop fighting guys. Armin wouldn't want us too." Juvia cried.

All of a sudden there was a loud thump coming from upstairs. Reiner stood up looking at the ceiling.

"What was that?" Reiner asked as footsteps could be heard from above.

"Could be a thief." Rogue said.

"Or Roxlin." Greed said.

The footsteps were coming down the staircase until the person or thing was standing in the doorway. Everyone's eyes went wide when they saw Armin sanding there. She let out a yawn and stretched.

"What's with the sad looks? Did someone die?" Armin asked.

The first to reach her was Greed and Juvia who both hugged her tightly with cries of joy.

"I think I forgot to mention sssomething. They die first as a fairy and come back to life as a human. Sometimes they don't come back at all. That wassss the warning." Roxlin said and Pony grabbed the snake and began to choke while shouting at it.

"Pony! You can kill him later, after I get done with him." Reiner told him.

Pony threw the snake at Reiner, before he would try to kill it. He then walked over to Armin, and hugged her tightly.

"I-I'm sorry for everything that I caused you guys to go through. I'm sorry." Armin apologized while hugging him back as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Don't apologize. It wasn't your fault. The darkness will pay for what they have done." Greed said.

"They will feel the wrath of Lost Reality!!!" Matt said and Pony, and Armin let go of each other.

"We'll defeat death and the creator. Then we shall all live in peace!" Juvia said.

"Or we might be sent back home." Rogue said, "Defeat the game and then it's over. Back to reality."

"I wonder how everyone is back home." Greed said.

"Do they even miss us?" Juvia muttered.

"Let's not think about that right now. We should all be killing Roxlin!" Reiner said with his war hammer in his hands.

Armin eyes went wide and she walked over to the snake.

"Don't kill him. He probably deserves it, but he helped us." Armin told them, "I wouldn't be here if he hadn't."

"Fine, we won't kill him." Reiner said and placed his hammer on his back.

"Good, now Roxlin get out of Hades." Armin said glaring at him.

"Sssss fine." Roxlin hissed and slithered over to Greed.

Roxlin spat black onto floor and it was transferred into Greed. Greed coughed a bit before her eyes turned red.

"Ah much better. I have limbs and thumbs." Roxlin said, "Now it's nap time. Transferring is tiring."

One day later everyone was in the kitchen eating breakfast and informing Armin of everything that had happened while she was asleep. Reiner even informed her and the others about the kiss he had given Matt, which shocked everyone.

"REINER!!!" Matt shouted before laying her head on the table trying to hide from the embarressment.

"Matt and Reiner are cannon now!" Pony cheered.

"Let's go take the book to the preacher, Juvia." Rogue said and the two left with the book quickly.

"I'm going to go find a mission." Greed said and walked away.

"I'll help you." Gray said went with him.

"Hey Armin, want to go for a walk to stretch your legs?" Pony asked and dragged Armin away with him before she could even answer leaving Reiner and Matt alone.

"Guys!" Matt called out to them as they all left in a hurry, "Don't leave me alone."

An awkaward silence filled the room as Reiner ate his breakfast while Matt slowly sunk down into her chair.

"Are you busy today?" Reiner asked Matt.

"No..." She said.

"Good. Would you like to go on a date?" Reiner asked her and her cheeks turned pink.

"Um, yes." she said and Reiner smiled.