Chapter 45: Amnesia

Rogue and Juvia walked through the town of Shine Hill in the early morning a day after Xeno had appeared. He was still unconscious laying in Gray's old room with Greed watching over him.

"So we just need these items for lunch." Juvia said holding a list.

"What's up with the names Urushihara and Kaneki written here?" Rogue asked pointing at the top corner of the note.

"I think Armin was writing names for a character in a book she might be writing." Juvia said.

"I like Urushihara." Rogue said.

"Really? I kind of like Kaneki." Juvia said as the two stood under a shop.

A loud crash could be heard and someone shouting "Look out!" But Juvia and Rogue were unable to get out of the way as a beam landed on them.

With twenty some men pulling at the beam and rubble Rogue and Juvia was finally pulled away from the area. They were both unconscious and taken to the local hospital.

Rogue was the first to wake up and looked around the white colored room. A nurse entered and smiled at him.

"Oh, you're finally awake. Good." She said.

"Where am I? What happened?" Rogue asked.

"You're at the hospital. There was an accident that happened in town. A building broke. You and another woman were the only one hurt." The nurse informed him.

"Oh. Did she get hurt bad?" He asked the nurse.

"No, she sustained the same amount of injuries you did." she told him, "I have a question though. What is your name?"

"My name?" Rogue questioned and thought for a moment.

He thought for a moment, but could not remember it. What was his name? He wondered as he looked towards the window. Who was he? Did he have a family? Was the girl that also got hurt something to him? A sister? A Mother? Or was she his wife or girlfriend? Did he even like women? But the most important question was. Who was he?

"I can't remember." he told the nurse frowning.

"Can you remember anything?" she asked him.

"Not my past or my name." he told her.

"I must inform the doctor then." she told him and left the room.

Ten minutes had passed until the doctor appeared. He gave Rogue a kind smile and sat down in a chair across him. He greeted Rogue and held up a piece of paper. The same piece of paper that he and Juvia had earlier that day before the accident.

"This was found in your hand when you were brought here. It seems to be a list for lunch. It has two names. One is Urushihara and the other is Kaneki. Would one of those be your name?" The doctor asked him and Rogue took the note.

"Urushihara. It rings a bell. I think that is my name." he told the doctor.

"Good. It's nice to meet you, Urushihara. I hope you retrieve your memory back soon." The doctor told him.

"I do too." Urushihara said and paused for a moment, "About the girl that was found with me. Is she awake?"

The doctor shook his head and told him that she was still sleeping. Urushihara nodded his head and frowned a bit. The doctor informed him that he would have a nurse come later to inform him when she was awaken. Meanwhile at the guild house, lunch time was soon and everyone, minus Greed who was worrying over her friend Xeno, were getting restless about Juvia and Rogue not being back after a few hours.

"Did they get lost?" Matt asked annoyed.

"Maybe." Armin told her.

"They could be, you know." Pony said with a smirk and Reiner rolled his eyes.