Chapter 29: Changing Ways

In the last 8 hours Pony and Armin had went to see Greed, Gray and Matt, but found that they were gone, except for Greed who was sleeping in her bed. Pony and Armin woke her up and informed her about the others. Greed wouldn't have wanted to help them, but because Gray, Juvia and Matt was in trouble, she did.

As the three left the room something pulled Armin back into the room and shut the door. Armin let out a scream as Greed and Pony tried to open the door. When the screaming stop the door opened. Armin was gone and there was just a note.

Hehe. I found your other friends too. You can only get them back once you find me.

Pony gritted his teeth and walked out of the room with Greed following him.

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" A man asked stopping the two.

Pony and Greed looked over at him. Their eyes went wide when they saw that it was the guy from the beginning of the game.

"Where the hell have you been!?" Pony asked him and the man looked confused.

"I don't understand? I've been here. I've been there. I'm everywhere. You just don't notice." he said, "And I have something for you. I would have given it to you a while ago, but someone let the Darkness free. Naughty naughty you and your friends are. Hopefully you can still save this world"

"What is it that you're going to give us?" Pony asked.

"A map of the entire world. Just with a poke of the map, it will teleport you there." The man said holding out a map, "Here poke this area."

The man gave Pony the map and pointed at an area of the town. A bright light covered them and they were teleported right behind the hotel. Pony and Greed looked around in surprise.

"The map will only work when there are no enemies around and when you are not in a dungeon or boss battle." The man said, "Now I must be off. Good luck Heros!"

The man teleported out of the leaving the two alone. Pony looked down at the map and placed it in his back pocket.

"Let's go this way." Pony said as he started to walk in a direction.

Three hours had gone by with no luck of finding the others. Pony was getting angrier by the second as he tried to think of where they could be. Greed wasn't really helping much with having arguments with Roxlin. She unknowingly sometimes spoke out loud.

"Greed! Shut up and help!" Pony shouted as he looked down at the map. He saw an area they hadn't checked out yet and started to run for that area with Greed running behind him.

Faint banjo music could be heard in the distant.

"Stop!" Roxlin shouted, "I know that music."

Pony stopped and glared at Roxlin still not trusting the thing inside of Greed.

"It's Father's music. I can't go. If he finds me with you all I'm dead." Roxlin said.

"I was right. You aren't on our side. Coward, I'll save them myself." Pony said and started to walk again leaving Greed and Roxlin behind.

Pony stopped at the entrance of the shin dig that was going on. He saw Reiner dancing along with a few of the others. All except for Gray, Matt and Armin. They were missing.

Laughter was heard over the music and Pony turned to see a red headed girl standing on top of a shed. She grinned at him as she place her hands on her hips.

"So you finally found us! Took you long enough." The girl said.

"You're Father?" Pony asked her.

"Hahaha don't be stupid. I'm not that old man. I am Quinn, Darkness of Plagues." The red head said.

"Right, I found you, now give me my friends back!" Pony shouted.

"Ah ah ah!" Quinn said wagging her finger at him, "First you must choose two of your friends out of these three."

Gray, Armin and Matt appeared over a pit of fire.

"One of them will die, while the others will live. Now choose care..." Quinn began, but Pony cut her off quickly.

"Armin and Matt." Pony said.

"...."

"What? That's it? No tantrum about getting all three of them?" Quinn asked.

"Nope. You can have Gray. Now give me, Armin and Matt." Pony said.

Quinn pouted and crossed her arms.

"Dammit." she muttered and released the two.

"Don't you dare hurt Gray!" Greed shouted as she attacked Quinn.

"What the hell!?" Quinn screamed out blocking the attack.

"Yeah, that's his crazy girlfriend." Pony said as he dragged a dancing Reiner away from the music.

"Hey! Leave him alone! You can't take them!" Quinn shouted at Pony.

"I'd duck if I were you." Pony told her and Quinn was hit with Greed sword.

Quinn slammed into a wall as Armin and Matt dragged Juvia out of there.

"Dammit! Quit taking them!" Quinn shouted before Greed stabbed her in the heart.

Quinn let out a gasp as cracks began to appear all over her body, before breaking into many shards.

"One darkness down, two more to go." Greed said.

"Three more to go." Pony said placing his dagger at Greed's back right at her heart, "Stabbing the heart will get rid of them?"

"Pony, please don't kill me." Greed said.

"Wrong again, Pony-boy. Only the darkness and Father can kill a darkness. Since I am now apart of Greed, she can kill them." Roxlin said, "Kill her and you can't defeat them. Go without Greed, you and everyone else will be dead."

"Fuck." Pony cursed as he removed his knife from her back.

"Glad you see it my way." Roxlin said patting Pony's cheek, causing Pony to throw a punch at Greed.

Greed let out a cry holding her nose as blood began to pour from it.

"Shit!" Pony cursed again as the others ran over to them.

When everything was cleared up and Greed nose was fixed they went back to the hotel and made a plan on what to do next. Find a new home.