11

MaKayla

I sat in the back of my dad's car as he drove to my Aunt's house. He was talking to my mom and Raven was asleep. I turned my music up in my earphones and looked out the window.

We pulled in the driveway of the large home and my dad cut the car off. We all got out and my aunt was waiting for us at the front door.

"Hey Aunt Gee." I spoke as I walked into the house. "Is Erica here?"

She nodded. "Upstairs in her room."

"Cool." I walked through the living room. "Hey Uncle Aaron." I greeted him before going upstairs.

I walked down the hall towards my cousin's room. Her door was open so I walked right in.

"Baby mama." I smiled

"Hey! I didn't know you were coming." She turned and smiled

" She turned and smiled

"Me either." I laughed. "But I'm here now." I shrugged. "How have you been?"

"Good. Tired as fuck." She sighed and sat down on the bed. "Are you guys staying?"

"I think so. They said something about staying. I packed a bag."

"Did everyone else come too?"

"Nah." I shook my head. "Just me and Raven."

"Oh. I was just about to go. You can come along if you want."

"Sure. Where you going?"

"Clothes shopping for Noah." She rubbed her round belly and grabbed her keys

"You whippin' now?" I followed behind her out of her room

"Yep. Dad bought me a car two weeks ago."

"I have a car and can't even drive it." I crossed my arms as I reached the bottom of the steps

"Why?" She looked back at me as we walked through the kitchen

"I went to a concert on a school night." I laughed

She shook her head. "Mom! I'm out! And Kayla is with me!" Erica yelled before going into the garage

She walked over to an all black BMW and unlocked the doors.

"This is nice." I complimented as I got in

"Thanks." She smiled and opened the garage.

She pulled out and reversed down the driveway before pulling off.

"So what made you go to a concert on a school night?"

I sighed. "I had free tickets to the show. And I couldn't pass it up. I mean it was Dave East."

"Free tickets? I would've went too." She laughed. "But you see where that shit got me." She pointed to her stomach

"Uh. How do the two relate? Concerts and fucking.." I held both my hands up as if I was comparing the weight of two things. "Two totally different scenarios."