Deal: Chapter 4

“DEAL”

Chapter 4

That evening, Dao Ming Si rounded up F4 at his place. They were at their usual hangout.

“YOU WHAT?!?!?!” Mei Zuo’s reaction was as Xi Men and Dao Ming Si anticipated.
“Mei Zuo, don’t you think you’re overreacting?” Lei remarked.
Mei Zuo pointed at himself. “ME?!”
“Mei Zuo calm down.” Ah Si said. “This is why we never told you about this.”
“Does Lei know?” Mei Zuo asked. Xi Men glanced at Lei.
“Well, we had no choice. There was an emergency back then and Shan Cai called him and…” Dao Ming Si tried to explain.
“So in short, only Mei Zuo and I didn’t know about my son.” Xi Men concluded.
“Yeah.”
Mei Zuo turned to Xi Men. “Dude, this is unforgivable!”
“What?”
“First of all, you secretly had affairs with Xiao You. Second of all, you got her pregnant. Third of all-” Mei Zuo was ticking off his fingers as he said these then Xi Men cut him off.
“Don’t. Don’t continue with whatever you were gonna say.”
“Fine.” Mei Zuo made a face and crossed his arms.
“Why are you so pissed about this Mei Zuo?” Dao Ming Si inquired.
“Because Xi Men broke our bro code.”
“Bro code?” Lei repeated.
“Yes.”
“Hey! I did not break any bro code.” Xi Men defended himself.
“You did so!”
“And what bro code did I break if I may ask?”
“If you don’t know then I’m not telling you.”
“Is it just me or is Mei Zuo sounding like an angry and jealous girlfriend?” Lei turned to Dao Ming Si.
“I heard that.” Mei Zuo glared at Lei.
“I’m sorry Mei Zuo. But what’s done is done.” Xi Men muttered.
“How did it go with Xiao You today? Isn’t Xiao Tian cute as I described to you?” Dao Ming Si asked.
Xi Men nodded, smiling. “My son is indeed cute and she looks so much like Xiao You. I can’t believe I missed the first three months of his life.”
“Twelve months actually.” Ah Si corrected him.
“Isn’t he just three months old?” Xi Men asked, confused.
“Yes, but we’re counting the pregnancy which is nine months.” Ah Si clarified. “Don’t worry. I had the entire pregnancy of Xiao You documented for you. Don’t thank me. I’m just naturally nice.”
“Speaking of nice, I’ll pay you back for the rent on Xiao You’s apartment.” Xi Men said.
“No need. I know you would have done the same for me.”
“I don’t feel too good owing you.”
“Hey. What are brothers for?”
“Fine. Then accept my thanks for helping Xiao You earn money through the stock market.”
“It’s nothing. I am so proud of her, you know.” Dao Ming Si happily shared. “In six months time she earned five million yuan? That’s five times more the first time I earned in the stock market.”
This suprised Xi Men. “Five million yuan?!”
“She’s a keeper, Xi Men.” Lei commented. “You shouldn’t have rejected her back then.”
“Well, I’m gonna keep her from now on.” Xi Men stated. “I proposed marriage to her.”
All three pairs of eyes stared at Xi Men.
“YOU WHAT?!?!?!”
“Mei Zuo, seriously, what’s your deal man?!” Xi Men asked irritatingly.
Mei Zuo lunged at Xi Men. “You promised! You promised we’d stay single forever!”
“I did?” Xi Men was dumbstruck. “When?”
“On your twenty-first birthday. We were too drunk that time but you made me promise we’d be bachelors til we’re old.” Mei Zuo fuming, explained.
“I’m sorry Mei Zuo but I’ve forgotten about that. I didn’t know you took it by heart. I’m sorry man.” Xi Men made to hug him but Mei Zuo pushed him away.
“I knew the moment Xiao You came into your life you would change. You’ve always treated her differently from the other girls. Then I found out your deal with her and I knew you were never gonna keep our promise. You’ve totally fallen in love with her.”
Xi Men made another attempt to embrace his buddy. This time he didn’t push him away. He enveloped him in a tight embrace. “I’m really sorry Mei Zuo. The heart will love who it wants. I can’t get Xiao You out of my life, out of my head and out of my heart. I’ve been denying it for years now but I love her. She’s the one. She’s always been the one. So I hope you forgive me.”
Mei Zuo burst out crying on Xi Men’s shoulders. “I know. I’m sorry. You’re my best friend and my best wing man. I’m gonna you miss Xi Men.”
Lei and Dao Ming Si eyed each other and tried to suppress their laughter.

© Franzz P. Follow on Instagram @onceinalifetimearc2018
Date written: December 16, 2018

Note: I didn’t intend to write Mei Zuo’s reaction that way. Even I was taken by surprise the way this chapter turned out. And I borrowed a line from the English version of Love Exists.