XIX

After searching the castle and looking for Felix, the two families and Jeongyeon returned to their house.

"This is unbelievable! They captured both of our children!" Mrs Lee complained as she sat on the couch. "And they took Taehyung back. Next time we kill them without hesitation!"

As the parents collapsed onto the couches and complained, Sammy and Jeongyeon headed upstairs. They sat in Sammy's room for a good minute or two as they discussed their findings until Jeongyeon realised now was the best time to show him exactly what she found.

The paper was crumpled and a bit burnt but the markings were still visible. It was obvious what it was.

A map.

"Where did you find this?" Sammy whispered in shock.

"In a basement place. I think it's where they have meetings and all..."

They scanned the map for a bit longer before Sammy pointed at one of the cities.

"I know where this is," he told her. "And this... And... Jeongyeon, this is right outside town. We can find it... What are we finding?"

"The second castle," she explained. "They have castles all over the world. If they are heading to the castle, we can find Fallyn and Fe there."

"Are we actually doing this?"

"Obviously. What? You think I'm going to leave them there?"

"Well, what happens when we do get there? What if they capture us and kill us too?"

"They don't kill unless they have to. Fallyn and Felix are there but I doubt they killed them."

"So what are we going to do?"

"We'll go there empty-handed so they know we aren't attacking and all we want are our friends."

"And if they attack us?"

"They won't. Or at least they shouldn't. It's a risk but I'll take it. Are you in?"

Sammy scanned the map once more then shot her an uncertain look.

"Are you sure about this?"

"A hundred percent certain."

"Fine. I'm in."

"Great! We leave at night."

"Tonight?"

"Of course! We need to find them before they start looking like Taehyung."

***

When night fell upon the country, the four creatures left the forest and marched down the city. JB's protective suit was neatly packed in his bag so no one would see him and suspect anything.

They quickly walked past shops and restaurants until Jimin came to a halt.

"What is it?" Jinyoung asked.

"There's a McDonald's nearby and I'm starving."

"We had lunch five hours ago!"

"Hence I'm hungry."

"You ate the most out of all of us!"

"I'm a werewolf. My stomach and appetite are bigger than the pyramids in Giza!"

"I'm hungry too," Fallyn admitted. "And McDonald's is really tempting."

"Then it's settled, McDonald's it is," Jimin cheered as he sniffed his way to it.

It was a short night but by dawn, they had made it out of the last city. They walked through the empty fields ago and JB wore his suit once more.

"Wasn't this supposed to be a four-day trip? We are almost at the castle and it's our second day!" Jinyoung commented.

"I mean, we are walking really fast, " JB mentioned.

"But still! This is amazing!"

They travelled a few more hours before they decided they needed a long break. They sat down in the middle of nowhere and pulled down the rest of their lunch and McDonald's leftovers.

"We'll make the final stretch at night," Jimin said as he made himself comfortable on the ground. After an hour Fallyn and JB were the only ones awake again.

"Don't like sleeping?" he teased.

"No, I just can't sleep in the daytime. I don't know why I've just never been able to. What about you?"

"This suit is the most uncomfortable thing ever."

"Yeah, it looks like it too."

By the time the sun was setting, JB and Fallyn had already had a long, deep conversation as they talked about the troubles with being a vampire and a vampire-hunter's daughter.

And as they started to head off again, Sammy and Jeongyeon, who weren't that far behind, decided to settle down for the night.