viii) Trust

Fallyn woke up to the comfort of a bed the next morning. It was Jinyoung's , she remembered before looking down at the ground to see him fast asleep.

She turned her gaze to the clothes Dahyun had lent her than where folded onto a chair.

She smiled to herself before picking them up and heading to a bathroom to freshen herself up.

She tucked Dahyun's baggy mint green top into her black skinny jeans before wearing her own black sneakers and typing her hair into a messy bun.

She smiled at her reflection before walking out of the bathroom and up to the top floor.

All the vampires slept on the floor except for JB, who was in the balcony, staring out at the view.

"Have you made up your mind?" She asked, causing him to flinch before turning to face her.

"Made up my mind?"

"Will you treat me like everyone else here or will you continue treating me like a prisoner?"

"You are a prisoner."

"But I didn't commit any crime."

"So?"

"The more you treat me like a prisoner the less I tell you." He rolled his eyes. "Look, I want to help you get Taehyung back but I won't if you don't treat me properly."

"As if," he spat out.

"Don't do it for me, JB, do it for Taehyung."

"How can I trust you?"

"I stick to my word, okay? Let's just shake on this and leave everything behind."

He rolled his eyes before approaching her, outstretching his arm. She shook his hand.

"Now, do you want something to eat? You seem to be starving," she said as she unlocked the door.

He immediately ran out, pinning her to the wall as he stared intensely at her.

"Did you forget to never trust a vampire?" He asked, chuckling darkly, but she wasn't fazed.

"Let's just go eat, JB."

"Why aren't you threatened?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'll explain while we're eating. Now, let's just go."

"Jaebum?" Mark's voice came from the cell as he rubbed his eyes before squinting to make sure he saw right. "The door's open!" He yelled, waking the other vampires up.

They all ran out, stopping once they saw Fallyn.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back home or something?" Chan spat out.

"I should," she responded, pushing JB off her. "But I want to help you guys get Taehyung back so I stayed. Now the deal is I get treated like the rest of you and in return I help you."

"We don't need your help," Momo rolled her eyes. "You're just a human, what could you do?"

"I'm the daughter of the hunters that took your fellow vampire. I know how to get past those traps and how to get Taehyung back simply and easily."

"Someone just lock her up already," Hyunjin rolled his eyes as Yugyeom began to push her back inside the cell.

"Wait!" Jungkook called, earning everyone's attention. He approached her, staring at her intensely. "Would you like a room near ours or far from ours?"

"What the heck, Jungkook? Are you insane?" Momo asked in rage.

"Look, Taehyung is my best friend and I will do anything to get him back, even if it means trusting a human."

"What if she came back to ambush us? What if there's a crowd of humans with pitchforks waiting for us?" BamBam asked.

Jungkook stared at her harder before whispering so only she can hear him, "can we trust you?"

Fallyn was so overwhelmed by the whole situation that all she could do was nod.

Jungkook turned back to the rest of the vampires.

"You don't have to trust her, but I do and I'll treat her properly whether you like it or not."

The remaining vampires turned to JB who simply stared at Jungkook.

"Let's just go eat already," the leader finally spoke up before walking off down the stairs.

***

After being shown to her new room, Fallyn headed to Jinyoung's, wanting to thank him for being nice to her and sharing the vampires' weaknesses.

She knocked lightly on the door, opening it once she heard a 'come in' from the inside.

Jinyoung lay on his bed, a laptop sorting on his lap as he stared at her with wide eyes.

"Fallyn, what are you doing here?" He asked, sitting up and pushing the laptop off his lap.

"I came to thank you," she responded with a warm smile which he didn't take long to return.

"For?"

"Yesterday...everything you did. Thanks for being nice and especially, thanks for telling me the vampires' weaknesses."

He chuckled.

"Got a proper room?"

She nodded happily as she sat on his bed, beside him.

"All thanks to Jungkook," she mentioned with a merry tone but Jinyoung's smile died down.

"J-Jungkook? What did he do?"

"He was the one who persuaded the rest not to lock me up again."

"I don't know, Fallyn," Jinyoung commented as he leaned onto the headboard of his bed. "I dint trust that vampire."

"Why not?"

"Jungkook is one of the most mischievous vampires. He's always messing about."

"Well, he lost his best friend so he's probably doing it to get him back since I know a way."

"Maybe, but still keep an eye out...just in case."

"Thanks, Jinyoung. I really-" Suddenly there was a harsh knock on the door. With that, the witch frantically gestured her to hide under the bed, which she did in an instant.

"Come in," Jinyoung yelled before the door swung open with force.

"Argh!" Was the next thing she heard before the door slammed shut. "That human will be the death of me!" She recognised the voice immediately. It was JB.

"Dahyun?" Jinyoung questioned although he knew very well ego he was on about.

"Fallyn," JB responded, his voice much quieter and time much calmer. "She isn't scared of us anymore. A night in the castle alone really benefited her nerves."

"So what if she isn't scared? Wouldn't it make it easier to communicate?"

"Gosh, Jinyoung! Do you know a thing about humans?"

Fallyn watched as JB lay his head on the witch's lap through the mirror placed beside the door.

"They only become more stubborn the mire comfortable they get," JB continued.

"I think you're overreacting."

"You should have seen the way she looked at me. She just stared straight into my eyes. No fear. No trembling. No goosebumps. She looked at me as if I wasn't a blood-sucking vampire. As if I wasn't a monster."

"You may be a blood-sucking vampire but that doesn't make you a monster. In your life time how many creatures have you killed? None. Why? Because you didn't want to be murderer. You're not a monster, Jaebum. Nowhere near." Jinyoung exhaled sharply. "You know, she might not even be that bad. Maybe you'll grow to like her if you actually give her a chance."

"I know, but that's what I'm worried about."