XV

"Welcome to the family, you two witch prisoners," Jihyo laughed when Fallyn and Felix entered the room assigned for the witches. "Hope you enjoy your stay."

"If it's anything like being a vampire prisoner, I might lock you guys up too," Fallyn joked in return.

"So you actually locked up the vampires?" Felix asked.

"Yup."

"I watched it all," Tzuyu said proudly. "Hilarious."

"I'm honestly surprised you were brave enough to help them out again. If I were you, I would have ran away," Jisung mentioned.

"Alright everyone, settle down," Leo called as he followed behind the two humans. Everyone sat down and faced the leader, ready to listen to whatever he had to say.

"A third of us will be departing tomorrow. Suga will be the leader and Dahyun will be giving the directions. You will be split up into groups of four and have walkie-talkies for communication purposes. It's a four-day trip if you walk fast enough or don't have that many rests. First day, you can take it easy but the second and third day you need be moving fast and limit your breaks to only five ten-minute breaks. This is because you'll be walking through cities at that point. And we don't want the other groups catching up. It'll just look fishy. Fourth day or any days after that, you can take it easy again.  Understood?"

There was a chorus of yeses before they started to select who should be in which group. It was eventually settled that Felix would have to be in the same group as Leo and have no vampires with him. It was obvious that the vampires hated him more than Fallyn.

"Fallyn," Leo turned to her. "Once again, you're leaving last. You'll be with Jimin, Jinyoung and JB."

"JB? Why him? I thought I escaped him!" She complained.

"It was either him or Momo. I came to the conclusion during the walk here that you guys are on worse terms with each other than you and JB," Jinyoung shrugged. "Besides, I'll be there to sort him out."

"Alright then. It's settled," Jihyo clasped her hands together. "Should I go tell the werewolves?"

"The vampires too," Leo added, making her face drop.

"Do I have to do that? That group gives me the chills. Every time I'm next to one of them, I feel like they are plotting my death."

The leader sighed.

"I'll do it," Jinyoung raised his hand.

"Fine, both of you go tell them. Be back in five minutes, though. Otherwise we will have dinner without you," Leo agreed and soon the both of them were off.

"So, everyone hates the vampires except Jinyoung?" Fallyn asked Sana, who was sitting on the ground right in the corner.

"I wouldn't say hate," the witch hesitated for a moment. "More like a mixture of fear and pity."

"Pity? Why?"

"During the human raid-war-thingy-thing, the vampires suffered the most loses. And they also watched their parents being murdered. That's the source of their hatred for humans."

"What about the werewolves? My parents used to go on and on about how they are the most fierce out of all of you."

"They are. They just don't really care too much about the whole humans thing. Werewolves are used to loss. To gain leadership, they have to kill the alpha. Of course they mourned for a couple of days but by the end of that week, they were fine. I guess it's part of their blood. No one really cares for the werewolves because they simply don't care until you get them angry. Even vampires are scared at that point. Any of us could snap the neck of another creature and feel guilty for days but a werewolf will just live as if it never happened right after doing it."

"And witches? You guys are so positive. It's hard to believe you guys lost your family too."

"It's in our blood," Sana smiled. "When a bad situation occurs, we think of all the good things that come out of it and if there aren't any, we know things happen for a reason. We get sad for a week or two then we continue living on. It's simply impossible for a witch to hold grudges."

Fallyn leaned her head against the wall.

"I wish I could think like a witch. All that keeps on going through my mind since I first saw Taehyung was 'man, I'm a monster'. Although I didn't do anything to him just thinking that maybe if I was never captured I would just watch him with no emotions whatsoever makes me feel as if I caused it. It made me realise that even though growing up, my parents always told me vampires, werewolves and witches were monsters, the biggest monsters were the ones that raised me."

Sana chuckled quietly as she ordered Fallyn to sit down with her.

"I don't think you would have just watched Taehyung without a care in the world. You have a good heart. You, Felix, Sammy and Jeongyeon. All of you felt terrible when you first saw him."

"Wait... Jeongyeon? As in the one my parents are always idolising? She's one of the best hunters in our family line."

"Doesn't mean anything. You're so focused on what's on the outside without even reaching in to see what's on the inside. She never liked doing it but did it to please everyone."

Fallyn narrowed her eyes as Sana.

"How do you even know all this?"

The other girl simply smiled.

"The trees. They tell you everything you ever need to know."