XVIII

The day passed before their eyes. Families decorated the busy cities along with other people who walked alone or with friends. Christmas season was rising up and everyone was trying to buy whatever they could find on the Christmas lists they held tightly. The children were excited. The adults were stressed.

Not far from the chaotic cities sat the four different creatures in a forest. The trees were tall and full of leaves. The sun shone through anyway providing light on the paths that were now covered with vegetation and stones.

"Be careful of the poison ivy," Fallyn warned as they went further and further in. "It's everywhere."

The boys to her advice immediately as they took large steps followed by small ones then a leap. None of them seemed to enjoy it very much but they had to do it. Fallyn, on the other hand, was used to this and did it without much thought of hesitation.

Eventually they reached the heart of the forest and settled down. They waited hours and hours all awaiting the time the sun would pass the job of decorating the sky to the moon.

"How far away are we from the castle?" JB asked when no one other than hum and Fallyn were still awake.

She simply glanced in his direction before rolling her eyes.

"Ten more kilometres."

It was clear Fallyn didn't feel like talking at the time, especially not with him but he still insisted conversation.

"How long do you think it will take us to get there?"

"I don't know. It all depends on our pace, doesn't it? If we go fast, less time. If we go slow, more time."

"Well, should we go fast or slow then? We are the last group so we have all the time in the world basically."

Fallyn cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You want to go slow? You're the leader of the vampires, you have to get there quickly and besides, I don't know about you but I want to hang out with the witches and Tzuyu again as soon as possible."

"I didn't say we should go slow. I was just saying we could do whatever we want." Fallyn noted how his voice lowered with every word and gave him another judgemental look.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"You've been awfully kind lately and not much like yourself."

"How would you know? You barely know me."

He had a point. She had always come to a conclusion that he was stubborn and rude without really getting to know him properly. Then again, she did that for all the vampires. Maybe that was the reason they all disliked her. Maybe Momo really wasn't so bad.

She thought back to the argument the Jimin, JB and Jinyoung had had before. The vampires hadn't started the tension within the creatures, the witches did. She also took a second to realise all the negative things she had heard about the vampires were from the witches.

Perhaps the vampires were the good guys. Perhaps they were just misunderstood.

The night they imprisoned her they had every right to. Her parents had hunted down one of the members of their group.

"Why are the vampires always looked down on?" The question just slipped out of her. She hadn't taken any thine to think it though or consider what his reaction would be.

"Looked down on? What do you mean by that?"

"The witches all look down on you guys. They make you seem like actual monsters."

"That's how they are. They pull people down to bring themselves up. Witches have a natural instinct to make themselves seem higher than everyone else. Don't take offense to this but I personally think that not all the witches like humans. They just act it to get your favour. That's also why Leo seems to be the leader of everyone or at least he asks like it. We used to always argue about it until we realised that's just how they are. If you ask me, I think the werewolves are the best creatures out if us all. And I think Suga should be the leader. He fits the criteria better than Leo."

"I've spent about a month with you guys and I hadn't even realised how messed up things are between the creatures."

"We're like your average family. Picture perfect in public but devils to each other when no one is around."