Chapter 7

Nick

I drop my head against my locker door and think about the report I have due in Anatomy and Physiology on Friday. I have some great ideas of what I want to say. Now I just have to put them onto paper. I turn around and lean back against the metal and yawn, looking up the hallway.

It's pretty empty right now. Mr. Rainer let me out of class a few minutes early so I could grab something I need for my next lecture. The quiet is kind of nice at the moment since I'm still buzzing on adrenaline from this morning's coffee stop on the way in.

I'm about to push off and hit the head before my next class when I catch movement down the hall, and going around the corner.

Was that Fionn and Pearl?

What the?

I thought she and Brody-?

Oh, shit.

They just snuck into the janitor's closet. I can hear the lock click from where I'm standing. They must have knocked a dust pan over in their wake because I hear a metal clang as I get closer.

Feeling like a peeping Tom, I can't help myself as I move up the hall.

Fionn, what are you doing?

Shaking my head, I stop in place and turn on my heal. Not my business.

Have fun now, 'cause it won't last long.

When I hear Pearl giggle I roll my eyes and walk away.

Good luck, Fionn. You're gonna need it.

________________

Please support this book by clicking on the small star below. Thank you.