Five: Meeting the Downtown Girl

Edit on the side is made by me... I think it's quite crappy... T^T Excuse my lack of photoshopping skills... T^T

Video on the side is made by xSmallangel :3

Hope you guys like this chap! ^u^

Five: Meeting the Downtown Girl

Jack

"Hey, Jack!", Hiccup handed me a jewel case. "Here's the copy of the draft Rapunzel made yesterday. She had a long overtime last night, so don't you lose it."

"Thanks, bro.", I laughed. "Where is Rapunzel anyway?"

"Probably overslept.", Hiccup shrugged.

"I see.", I gave him a small smile. "Well, if she has already arrived, please let me know. We're meeting a new animator later."

He nodded and dawdled over to his workplace.

I sat back down on my swivel chair and started whirling myself 90 degrees... I looked over at my desk and saw that same old picture that I could remember so vividly.

It was the day Erin turned eighteen.

The day where we spent the entire night dancing.

The day where she said yes.

That was six years ago...

Six dark and heartbreaking years.

I thought I couldn't live without her...

Sui Caedere... I always said... I even tried to give up my life, but people made me decide the better choice. I continued my life, and kept her in my heart.

She was my only life... my only love... and I don't think I can ever love anyone again as much as I love her.

The picture inside the dark brass frames was getting faded... everything but her smile. Her eyes glistened against the light as I picked up the frame. I grazed my thumb over the glass...

"I miss you so much, Erin."

I laid down the picture frame once I heard the door click open.

"Jack...", Punzie said as she averted her gaze to the frame. "Stop... please..."

"I know, Rapunzel.", I said. "But I just... I just can't help to feel that she's still here. I know she's alive."

"I don't know, Jack.", Punzie looked down. "I don't believe in that."

I was silent. I didn't care about what they thought.

I know she's alive.

"The new girl is here... She's waiting in the conference room.", Rapunzel looked up at me and gave me a warm smile.

I smiled back... remembering the meeting, "I'll be right there."