Epilogue

Epilogue

Jack

The snow and frost faded away so quickly.

Spring was pushing itself through the suburbs, and I was sitting down that same spot I always did. Under the tree that held so much memories.

On the same spot I've waited, on the same spot I've wished I had chosen her.

But that was no longer the reason I was waiting this time around.

Their familiar family car comes into view, and I see Elsa slightly kiss her husband from the passenger seat, and she got out of their car. As she opened the back seat doors, a little white-headed munchkin hops off the car, and accompanies her towards the tree-- towards me.

She was breathtaking. her platinum hair tied up in a messy bun, like she had not a single care in the world. Those baby blue eyes, the eyes that I kept on dreaming about every single day. Dark circles rimmed her eyes, but she never looked like she was tired.

She was still Elsa-- the same girl in my dreams.

"Hi.", she smiled, with Little Jack hiding behind her legs. She took the little guy's hands and led him to me, "Jack, darling, this is... your dad."

Little Jack's eyes were soft blue, looking at me intently, scared and confused.

I bent down to him and said, "Hi, Jack. You... you don't have to call me 'Dad' if you do not want to. I know that name belongs to someone else, so you can just call me Uncle Jack."

"Y- your name is Jack, too?", he asked.

I laughed, "Apparently, your mom is not that creative with names."

I gave a wink to Elsa, who playfully rolled her eyes and then turned to Little Jack, "Are you alright, dear?"

"Yes, Mommy.", he replied to her. "I can't wait to go to Disneyland, again."

"What?", I yelled at Elsa. "You already spoiled our surprise?"

Elsa giggled, "Sorry! He asks a lot of questions."

We laughed underneath that tree for a moment, before we actually got into my car to head off to Disneyland.

"So, how's school, Jack?", I asked him at the backseat.

He looked up at me through the rear view mirrors, unsure if I was safe enough to talk to, "I can count to one hundred now."

"Really?", I smiled. "You must be so smart then."

"Mommy does help me a lot.", he says.

I look over at Elsa, who was sitting on the passenger seat beside me, "Your mom really is brilliant."

She gave me her dazzling one thousand-watt smile, the smile that always sets me off into the clouds.

I never thought we'd be seen like this, inside a car, with our child...

Well, I did think about it, but I never knew that it would be in this situation.

Little Jack broke the silence, "Why are you and my Mommy not together? Why is she with my Daddy?"