12

The sunlight shone on your face

The sunlight shone on your face. You groaned, waking up from sleep. You stretched yourself, opening your eyes, "Jisung?" you called out but there's no him beside you.

You sat up, checking the time, 7.50 a.m. and it's usually too early for Jisung to wake up on the weekend.

You padded out from the room, peeking into the living room witnessing Jisung watching k-drama, you chuckled as you entered the toilet.

You licked your dry lips, remembering what happened here last night but you quickly shook it off as you brushed your teeth and washed your face.

Heading to the kitchen, you saw Haechan already sitting down at the dining table, slurping down some porridge. He took a glance at you before looking away to his phone, "Ask your brother to join breakfast."

You turned to Jisung and forced him to breakfast. He groaned, sad to leave his show.

Haechan had cooked breakfast for the three of you, taking you by surprise. You sat opposite him while Jisung next to you. You glimpse at Haechan.

"Haechan, thanks for-"

"Yeah, sure." He interjected. You pressed your lips into a thin lip before looking at Jisung, nodding at him to eat. Breakfast went silent, and Haechan finished his first.

He placed his phone in front of you, revealing contacts and you knew he's asking for your number.

"I.. I don't have a phone," you shyly answered, his forehead creases. "Dad sold mine,"

You heard him sigh, keeping his phone back into his pocket before standing up to wash his plate. Your eyes followed him as he grabbed for his hoodie.

"the passcode of the house 2606, don't forget to turn off the fans before you head out" he said as he put on his shoes.

You stop eating as you heard the familiar number, it's your birthdate. Jisung also look at you then haechan who's already heading out.

"Do you think he knows it's your birthdate? Or it was just random?" Jisung swallowed onto the porridge. You shrugged, finishing your meal.

Jisung had gone out to go play with Chenle while you thought it's too boring in the house. You grabbed your denim jacket and not forgetting to switch off the fans.

You figured out there's a park in front and you just want to chill there. You walked around the park, observing kids playing with each other and some people have their morning jog.

You spotted a bench in front of the lake, deciding to rest there to admire the view and happy noises from the kids.

It had been a long time since you felt this free, inhaling the fresh air after nights of smelling drugs in the old house.

Your dad crossed your mind. You didn't hate him for what he had done to you because you know he's just trying to earn money for his hectic small family.

You wondered if your dad was well, you finally made your decision to go home to see your dad. Your hands played with each other, half scared and half curious about what your father will react.

You opened the door to the old house, witnessing your dad lying on the couch. You scrunched your nose as the houses were a mixed smell of alcohol and drugs.

You heard him groaning, eyes widened as you held the doorknob tight. He woke up and saw you, "If you're gonna run, don't come home. Runaway, and don't turn back," Your father said calmly.

Shocked written on your face, it had been a really long time since he's been this calm. "I-i'm just making sure th-"

"RUN BEFORE I HOLD YOU DOWN!" he shouted. You gulped, scared when you saw him standing, quickly you turned your heels and ran as fast as you could.

Muffling your scream and cries, "Dad, I'm sorry," Your heart hammered onto your ribcage, feeling guilty.

But, who knows what happen in the house after you left that your father was crying. He lost his wife and now his children, all because of his work. But he wants to protect them, that's why he lets both of his children go.

You stopped after a few miles, you grabbed your knees, feeling suffocated while crying.

"Yoojin? Hey, you okay?" You slightly jumped at the voice.

edited.