27

Yoojin's POV

For some reason, Taeyong had been riling up my nerves. He would always want to pick me up from school or hang out with me. I know something is going on real bad between the boys.

I didn't see any of them at school ever since my last encounter with Haechan.

"Yoojin, let's go for some shopping!" Taeyong tapped my thigh, knowing I didn't pay attention to him.

I exhaled loudly, "Taeyong, why don't you stop bothering me and go play with Jaehyun. I have many things to do.'' Yeah, like I have to go check up on my friends.

Taeyong's expression sullen and he took a look on my face. "I want to spend some time with you though," He said before looking back at the road making me scoff, I've had enough.

"That's exactly the problem! Why do you want to spend time with me," By the corner of my eyes, I saw him smirking only for a while before changing it into a pout. "I thought you liked me,

and I started to feel the same thing too"

I was in disbelief. True, I had a crush on him but that was before Haechan stormed out that day.

"Stop the car," I said coldly, glaring at him but he seemed to ignore what I said.

My fist balled, teeth gritting as my jaw tightened. "I said stop the car."

Taeyong breathed heavily, turning on the signal and stopping the car immediately. Quickly, I unbuckled my belt and grabbed my bag but just before I could exit, he reached for my wrist, making me look at him.

"Don't go to Haechan." He hissed.

Pulling my hand harshly and slamming the door, I walked to our hideout which I left some time ago. Maybe they are there, I just needed to see them with my own eyes.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw the boys sprawled around, sleeping on the couches. None of them are awake. Heaving a relief sigh I walked inside.

At least they are alive, but soon I noticed all the mess they made.

Juice boxes, takeout food, and pillows everywhere. I picked them up one by one, wanting to clean the mess a bit. As I cleaned up more, I gasped, some bandages stained with blood piling up next to the wooden table.

My eyes wandered around all the scissors, cream, tissues, and bandages. Sure, they do fights but I've never seen anything so serious before and it looked like everyone was injured.

"Yoojin?" I heard a raspy voice coming from the couches and I looked up to see Mark looking back at me. He limped his way to me and my lips trembled to look at his state. My eyes started to water.

"W-what happened,"

Mark gave me a small smile as he slowly patted my head. "You are okay," My throat clogged up with the way he sounded, he sounded relieved. And I could never understand why.

"Then why are you not?" He smiled, hand trailing down to wipe my tears that managed to escape without me allowing it. My heart broke so much to see him in this state.

But he just shook his head, "Did you eat? I'm sure we have some le-"

"Tell me, is it Taeyong?" I interjected. He was quiet and I knew it. Reaching my phone from my skirt pocket, Mark panicked. "What are you doing?"

Ignoring him, I searched through the contacts but just for my phone to be snatched away by Haechan with his stoic face. "Don't be silly. Why are you here."

My jaw dropped, seeing the state Haechan was in. His lips were bruised, and he got cuts on his forehead, near eyes, nose, and jaw. He had never looked so bad before.

"Shit Haechan. What did you do." Haechan walked away from me back to the cushion. "Just go back, you are not supposed to be here." His voice was icy cold.

I walked past Mark and stopped right in front of Haechan who's scrolling through my phone. "What the fuck you guys are fighting for? Does it really have to be this way?" I asked, my voice might have been too loud and waking up Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun but I didn't care.

At that moment, I was scared I lost Haechan that started to open up to me and even had a crush on me. Remembering, the old him.

His glare was blank, almost as if he didn't really care about his life, I could see nothing in his eyes but coldness.

"It was for power, money." He said, gritting his teeth, he looked up at me, "Which you didn't take things serious for."

Mark was tugging on my sleeves but at the same time, I felt like having a mental breakdown there and then.

Haechan words felt like a mock towards me. Now that I live with my new family, he meant I should not care about those and I should stop friending them. I was so mad that my fist started to bail and my nails started to dig into my palms.

"I see this is the way you wanted right. Fine, Haechan. You'll get what you want. I'll stop caring about you," My tears betrayed my mind. It dropped nonstop.

I turned, grabbing my bag from the floor swiftly, and left the hideout instantly. I heard some of them were calling my name and even cussed at Haechan.

The pit of my stomach churned, now I know that he hated me so much until he dared to mock my friendship over money.

Stopping right behind a building, I held onto my chest, feeling it throbbing in pain and started crying harder. My body was weak, and I crouched down, shaking violently.

I lost him, I lost the one who I love before I even get the chance to tell him I love him too. Haechan has changed.

"Yoojin!" I heard someone stepped right in front of me and I looked up to see him panting. He wore a black mask to cover up the bruises but I know from those eyes, it's Jeno. He reached out a hand to me.

"Let me walk you home."

We walked in one of the cafes since Jeno insisted too, giving excuses we didn't hang out for so long but I understand, he just wanted to see me calm down before he leaves. I sipped the hot chocolate, feeling his intense gaze on me.

His eyes were pretty obvious that he had something to tell me. Sighing, I placed the mug on the table. "What? You look like you want to tell me something."

Jeno fidgeted in his seat, and my jaw dropped as soon as he opened his mouth. Almost couldn't believe what he just spilled and it felt like time stopped and my heart sunk.

"Taeyong is Haechan's step brother"

edited.